HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Questions/Issues.... Too Scientific???
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 07:46 AM
NEW61375
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Questions/Issues.... Too Scientific???

ORIGINAL: Outdoor writer

K.I.S.S. ..... Keep It Simple Stupid

Forget all the gadgets, gizmos and trinkets. I have bowhunted for over 30 years and NEVER shot a bow through a chronograph. I think expandable broadheads should be outlawed because they are a chance that doesnt need to be taken. I have no idea about the kinetic energy of any set-up I have ever used. You have a good bow now just get some properly spined arrows and quality broadheads and start practicing. This aint rocket science. "Bowhunter" is a 2 part word, "bow" and "hunter". Too many focus too much attention on the "bow" part and neglect the "hunter" part. The more junk you have on your bow the more you have to go wrong at the moment of truth. The very best hunters that I know have the simplest bow set-ups. It doesnt matter how good you shoot your bow on the range, if you cant get game animals in range then you will never kill them and this is the same whether you are after a doe or a monster buck. Get a simple bow set-up, practice with it and focus on becoming a better hunter. You will be much more successful than if you switch this formula around. Good luck
Very true and some sound advice, I used to use mechanicals and never really had a problem but after doing some experimenting with different fixed blades I found some I really like and have stuck with them ever since, the switch did help me realize my bow wasn't tuned as good as it could be and the mechanicals were hiding that a bit.