HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Deer Stand Placement
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 07:24 AM
retrieverman
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Deer Stand Placement

ORIGINAL: findinbone

If I did'nt have alot of time to figure out where to put my stands I think I might put some scouting cameras out.That would give you a starting point and you could fine tune your stragety from there.I would also spend some time looking for shed antlers old rub lines things of that nature.Good luck
It is APRIL, and you have plenty of time to work on your stand placement. I have been using game cameras for 10 years, and from my experience, you won't learn much if anything from them in the spring (no horns). On my places, spring movement patterns are totally different than in the fall. If you can find some old rub lines, they might help get you in the ball park for fall movements. Basically, I don't get serious about my cameras until August or September, and even then, deer patterns will continue to change on into October.

For what it is worth, my experience is in eastern Texas and northwest Oklahoma and may be TOTALLY different from Florida, but again, it is APRIL. Take your time and do things right.