HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Questions/Issues.... Too Scientific???
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 07:22 AM
LittleChief
Nontypical Buck

Default Questions/Issues.... Too Scientific???

Okay, maybe the guy at Everything Archery was right, but I don't know. I admit I'm new to this (5 months), but is it possible to be "too scientific" in your approach to getting the best hunting setup? When I was asking the owner about setting up hunting arrows to get the best FOC percentage, spine, and weight/KE combinations, he said "Don't take this the wrong way, but you're being way too scientific." I can see where he's coming from, but I disagree. If I had known what I know now when I first started, I would have saved a lot of time and money, and avoided a lot of stress.
Ihave two choices for pro shops in Memphis, TN.
The owner of one, where I got my Drenalin, is all about speed. Somehow, it seems to me that selling a new guy$100.00 worth of underspined arrows andconvincing him to use mechanical broadheads to hunt so that tuning isn't an issue is just wrong.
The owner of the other, who doesn't carry Mathews, despises the company. While he's technically very good, I had to listen to a 30 minute dissertation on Mathews "horrible" customer service and why he no longer sells them. Oh yeah, and I'm "too scientific" in my approach to bow hunting. I really got the impression that he didn't appreciate me asking technical questions that challenged his level of knowledge.
In my opinion, I need tolearn as much as I can so that I can go to these places, decide for myself what I need or what I need done, and disregard their "expert advice" that's based on bias towards a specific company or shooting method.
Okay, I'm finished venting. Any comments?