HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 8 "The Snoodlers"
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2007, 08:34 PM
psebwhntr16
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 8 "The Snoodlers"

I did everything perfect this morning and still came up with only feathers...The weather was aweful, rain and winds were beating on my ground blind the whole morning. I didnt hear a single gobble, but at 9:30 my patience seemed to be paying off when a nice 3 year old caught sight of my decoys and made his way towards my setup. I got situated for the shot as he kept closing the distance. 50 yd, 40 yd, 30, 20, I stayed patient as the bird broke 15 yards and started to get suspicious. I drew back when the bird was broadside, settled my top pin and center punched him. A clean pass-thru with a 2in. Rocket expandable via a Easton axis sent feathers all over. The bird popped up and ran for cover. I gave him 30 minutes to die and picked up my red arrow. Without a blood trail I knew I would have to cover ground and look hard for this bird. I criss crossed the 15 acre section he disapeared into for 4 hours. Looked under ever log, hole, and looked up every tree. I enlisted the help of 2 of my buddys, same result. Nothing. 3 guys looking for 6 hours and we could find anything. Im gona try the same spot tomorow with the 1187 and look for buzzards. First bird Ive lost and Im completey sick with myself. Put in a ton of work and this happens.,.[:'(]Im gona go back to the shotgun until I get some confidence back..