HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Shooping for a scope and need some advice.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:45 AM
martinc64
Spike

Default Shooping for a scope and need some advice.

Hi folks,

I am looking for a scope. 3x9 is more than good enough. An even less powerful scope would be fine for me. I understand that 3x9 is the most widely produced so I suspect that is what I'll end up with but it is certainly not necessary for my purposes.

What I want out of my scope is durability. I'd like to be able to strap it to a 30mm hughes chain gun, fire a 300 round burst and let it eat that recoil, then leave it in a mud puddle for a week, beat it against a tree a few times and mount it on a rifle and have it still work as advertised.

ummm...ok, that may be asking a bit too much but I think you can see where this is going. I want the same thing from my scope that I like in my guns, simple reliable, durable.

Oh, and I'm quite poor (school teacher ya know). Price is certainly a consideration (300 - 350 bucks?).

Forgive me if this is a ridiculous request. I know almost nothing (I know the basics of optics but nothing about what is available and at what price).

Thanks very much to anyone with some advice/comments.