HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pan-hunting TV HACK!
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2003, 12:20 PM
davidmil
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Pan-hunting TV HACK!

You know, in the early days of these videos they didn't take all these shots. They also didn't feel they had to put 20 kills on a video. I have videos going back for quite a few years.(Yup, I'm old) In the early Primos, Drury, Knight and Hale, Realtree etc ... where it was just the host and maybe another shooter or two they waited. They presented good solid shots at responsible angles. Now, every Tom, Dick and Harry who owns a private hunting paradise and can afford a $25,000 camera is making videos. Now instead of Bill Jordan or Will Primo hawking their products once or twice, we have a "PRO STAFF" crew of about 15 at every company that has to be on EVERY video. In their haste to score they have all gone or always were in the toilet when it comes to shot selection. This Pan Hunting I figure is a spin off from the success of US OUTFITTERS. Same kind of deal. They tie up some land, process applications and put you in the drawings in hopes you get a tag. Check out their website.... they're a guide service... not a video company. Stupidity breeds stupidity. You tell me they're going to tell some guy, "Wait for a better shot". Looks like their motto is "take a wing at it and see if you can hit it". I'll bet their tracking and recovery efforts show the same kind of patience...... none.

Then too, we have to remember that the earliest of bowhunters(Pope and Young, Fred Bear etc) in their writings and early videos took running shots, SUPER LONG shots and things I wouldn't recommend for anyone. It's just with the "ANTI" climate we have today we really should temper this type of behavior. To publish it on national TV is dumb.

Edited by - davidmil on 01/10/2003 13:26:46