HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pan-hunting TV HACK!
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2003, 09:23 AM
Trushot_archer

Default Pan-hunting TV HACK!

I saw a show on the outdoor channel called Pan-Hunting this morning.The host was in Kansas bowhunting for whitetail and the first segement was him tryng to shoot a nice 8 point <u>through</u> a bunch of brush! Wounded it at 10 yards! &quot;I didn't think I could make it through that softball sized hole in the brush, but he was the 8 point of a lifetime so I had to try&quot; reported the host!

Next segement shows him stalking a doe across an open field, and than taking a 50 yard shot! The slow mo video shows the doe turning from slightly 1/4ing to the shot to 1/4ing away before the arrow hits it's mark and by the <u>GRACE of GOD</u> he makes a clean shot!
&quot;I never felt comfortable taking a 50 yard shot 'till I got my Bowtech&quot; (Patriot).He replies to my astonishment!

This one is better! Treestand again, big buck working his decoy and he makes a good hit at about 15 yards...pass through in the sweet spot. The buck trots 5 feet and starts to mosy away real slow, didn't even know he was hit. At 25 yards this Joker launches one at a deer COMPLETELY facing away from him and hits him in the right rump! &quot;I NEVER pass up a second shot&quot; is the retort this time! Even my wife, who has zero interest or background in hunting says &quot;Wow, is he a hack or is it just me?&quot;
I couldn't believe they air this stuff!! Now I'm not a big censor for what's on TV, but any impressionable hunter would see this and think this is how it's SUPPOSSED to be done! I was in awe and embarresed(SP?)! I've seen this show before and found it entertaining, ethical and well put together...until now.Anyone else see this??

Trushot }}------>