HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bowhunting with a gun now in Wyoming!
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 06:09 PM
ElkNutz
Typical Buck

Default RE: Bowhunting with a gun now in Wyoming!

Just can't reason when there's nothing but meat above the shoulders!
And if you're afraid of the boogie man . . . maybe you should just stay home. Please!

This is my last post. I will not read another response because all it is doing is raising my blood pressure. I've made my point . . . Most of you don't get it I guess, my fault.

Have a nice life.

I don't think it's us that "don't get it". We aren't scared of anything(including but not limited to... the boogie man ). It'smore along the lines of, We are prepared for anything. You don't want to carry? Then that's fine, It's your decision. I am sure we could all care less if you are a satistic or not.

You guys just don't get it.Actually most people wouldspeed if you bought a new sports car (truck in your analogy), IF YOU THOUGHT YOU COULD GET AWAY WITH IT. That's the problem with people in the backcountry, nearly all of them think they can get away with it and most are right. Again I agree with carrying a "pistol" (close quarter self defense type weapon), just not a "rifle" (long range hunting firearm).
Having a truck or sports car does not make you a speeder. The guy behind the wheel makesthe speeder. It's all about decisions, If you want to speed thru a school zone or drive that vehicle drunk,then thats up to you. But, don't go crying to the judge when you run over a kid.
Just as,If someone makes the decision to poach. Then he should be prepared to face the music. You, or I, or the law is not going to matter if he pulls the trigger. Because, someonecarries a gundoes not make them a poacher. The man behind the gun makes him a poacher.
I have spent alot of time and know alot of guys that live in the backcountry. I am thinking hard on this one, but,no one I can think of has ever brought up the notion of poaching. None have ever brought up shooting an animal out of season or with the wrong weapon. I am not sure how many is "nearly all" but I know ALL of the guys I am thinking of, would come alot closer too turning in a poacher then ever putting the sights on an animal.