HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Horn Farming
Thread: Horn Farming
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 09:02 AM
manuman

Default RE: Horn Farming

That is exactly why I said make the distinction--as you have ---between hunting, and what used to be hunting, has become. Most of the argument I have against it is that most that practice the extreme measues of 'trophy' hunting can't or won't make this distinguishment , and then they get irate if someone has the audacity to shoot a 'substandard' buck according to their ridiculously unrealistic ecpectations. They forget that some people just love to hunt and don't use it as an ego trip or that they are just happy to be able to hunt in a traditional manner. And I know that many get just as angry at the ones with these 'trophy' standards.You and anyone else have the right to do with your land as you wish, and I nor anyone else can tell you what to do. It is the bigger picture and the long range efect that concerns me. I sympathize with your plight. Has it ever occurred to you that you have the oppurtunity to redirect these hunters somewhat by reintroducing elements of fair chase and elevating their expectations back toward a proper perspective without endangering your livelihood?