HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Without a place to hunt
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 05:53 PM
Justin
Nontypical Buck

Default Without a place to hunt

Well gentlemen, for the first time in many a year my loyal hunting companion Mr. Dukemichaels and I are without a piece of ground to hunt on for this fall. We did some soul searching over a few delicious beef sandwiches and milkshakes at Arby's this weekend and decided that our lease in East Central IL just wasn't ever going to pan out to be the place we really want, so we're not going to waste our time and money going back this year. It was a tough decision to make, but a necessary one. Much like going to the doctor when that pesky itch you thought was going to go away on its own just never seems to go away. You know what I'm talking about.

So as of this weekend we're officially homeless for this fall. Well, kind of anyways. I'm still hanging onto a piece of ground close to home, unfortunately I don't have much pull with the landowner on other people hutning and I'm not allowed to bring guests, which leaves my wingman on his own. And if Tom Cruise ever taught us anything, it's that knocking someone up will prevent them from leaving you, no matter how crazy you are. Oh, and you never leave your wingman. Ever.

It's a rather euphoric feeling, not having a spot to hunt. I'm a bit apprehensive going into this fall about what's going to happen, but at the same time I'm excited at the possiblities. When one door closes, another always seems to open.

We'll be keeping our eyes and ears open for another lease, but not holding out a lot of hope for finding something "good" within our price range. Read: "not much money". So with that in mind, we'll begin our public land scouting hopefully this weekend, and try to adopt a new run-and-gun type style of hunting.

Wish us luck, we'll need it!