HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Lyman, quality & customer service, a Joke
Old 04-09-2007, 09:57 AM
Texasimport

Default Lyman, quality & customer service, a Joke

Hate to post such thing but these Lyman guys are wearing me out. . . .

Wanted to buy traditional type ML and settled on the GP family. After visiting two different stores and looking at what they offered I find poor fit and finish and 3 or 4 guns and figure why not just buy a kit then. . . .

1st kit, I find after 4 hours of shaping that the stock has a crack inside where it was hard to notice, My bad, Sportsmans wharehouse was real nice, exchange gun and start over, no biggy.

2nd kit, things had been going well until I tried to install the TANG bolt. . .

So I figure why not just order the new tang bolt and a few other items to have around.

So now after a month and call every week to Lyman I am told that Lyman has NO Parts to fill my tiny screw oder in America. I must wait for the next container to come arcoss the ocean. . .

They now suggest that I might get my bolt in MAY. . . . .

To add insult to injury the lady at Lyman USA says is not their problem that Lyman has not sent them their parts yet. I politley explained that SHE is the voice of Lyman and the SHE at this point is the LYMAN acting customer service person. When I asked why we can't just pull that parts from another kit I am told they have no KITS in america at this time. . . .Am I missing something here?[:@][:@][:@][:@]

NEVER AGAIN. . . . . . .