HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Changing times
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2007, 10:46 AM
CamoCop
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Changing times

as with me, hunting has been a lifestyle...not a hobby. i was too young to remember but other family members still tell stories about my mother carrying me in a back pack while hunting when i was young. i was raised around hunting and learned everything i know about hunting from my dad, grandfather and uncles. this is partially why i think some of these new fangled things like Scent LOK suits (as example)and such are a joke. i nor my family have ever used these and we continually bring home venison every year. the "old style" of hunting which is using the elements to your favor is quickly becoming a thing of the past, giving way to the "new" idea's. don't get me wrong, i am by no means a hardcore traditionalist. i do use a modern rifle and climbing tree stand but i do not go out and buy every "new" gimmick that hits the market in hopes of making my hunt easier. i still spend all year in the woods and put forth lots of effort patterning the deer and playingmy odds with the moon phases and weather conditions.