HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Who said that physics wasn't fun?
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2007, 08:33 AM
Straightarrow

Default RE: Who said that physics wasn't fun?

Arthur, I wish I could add something useful to your last post, but it really says it all. In fact we've been saying the same thing throughtout this whole thread, yet it get interpreted completely wrong.

We are not "forcing" anyone to follow the "heavy" arrow concept. We are encouraging it. When we support a 400 grain minimum, we're not forcing heavy arrows on people, we're trying to prevent the use of extraordinarily light arrows. There's a huge difference between the two. 400 grains is a light weight arrow. Out of a 70 lb bow, it's a very light weight arrow.

Believe it or not, there is a best way. For some reason, we get vilified for saying that going "heavy" truely is best for most hunting purposes. We back it up, not only with experience of using both, but with the only thorough study I'm aware of on arrow penetration in live animals. Penetration on hide, blood, flesh and bone is very unique. What works best on live animals in hunting situations is completely different from what works best on foam or steel.

I'm sure that we haven't changed the minds of those who crave speed. I'm just hoping that those who haven't decided the best way to go, give the heavy arrows a try and see for yourself if they don't prove more stable and effective.