HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Zumbo talks on Nugents Forum
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 12:58 PM
ipscshooter
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Zumbo talks on Nugents Forum

ORIGINAL: eagle chickie

I think he did ...but does his 9 word post demand his public flogging??? I see no difference..... he wrote it should we demand his exile..his job...his reputation. You decide...be fair give him as much credit as you gave Zumbo.
Zumbo's ill-informed rant was not the result of a typographical error. And, Zumbo is a world renowned outdoor writer whose words carry extra weight and extra responsibility and whose words are already being used by antis in support of a new AWB.

I may have been ill "imformed" about inform but not about my opinion ofAR and such, you have yours I have mine. There is a big difference between a Mdl 1100 and and AR15 in my informed opinion
Right. One's a shotgun. One's a rifle. Let's compare apples to apples. Many states have 5 round magazine limitations for hunting rifles. How would an AR-15 with a 5 round magazine be any different from a Remington Model 742 chambered for the same caliber? Or would you ban the 742(and the 740, the 7400, etc., etc.) as well? (Keep in mind, the Remington semi-autos have been an extremely popular hunting rifle since the 40's or 50's, and have millinons have been sold. Similarly, the Browning BAR is a very popular hunting rifle).

We know your stance as regards use of AR's in hunting. What is your stanceas regards the underlying 2nd Amendment issue? Do you feel we shouldn't be allowed to own them at all?