HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Any golfers out there.....interesting questions?
Old 04-05-2007, 08:43 AM
GMMAT
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Any golfers out there.....interesting wuestions?

When I was developing into a better golfer I got withthe local proshop and an instructor to help me try to reachthe next level of playing (next level for me). I went tothose guys because they are the experts, there are a million guys on a golf course or driving range that can tell you eveything you are doing wrong and what you need to use as far as equipment but are they themostqualified? No. The guys that are pros and a lot ofthe ones that work in the shops are, and after going and having them analyze eveything and fit me to my new set of clubs(switched froma beginner/intermediate set to some T-Zoid irons)and practicing on thethings they noticed I could improve on I had immediate improvement and continue to improve.
NEW...

WOW! This is all I've been saying ALL ALONG (on the other thread). I'm happy you got the improvement you were after.

I went from hitting standard clubs to being fitted by a fitting professional (though, at the time, I WAS a "teaching" professional). I switched to 2 deg. upright irons....jacked my lofts on my scoring irons a degree.....increased shaft length by 1/2"......and went up in swingweight .6 on my woods (hey...I DID keep a standard grip!). I went from a .6 to a +2.3 in the following 6 months.

Your story is one I've heard 1,000 times. I'm glad you found the right people to seek advice from.