HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Any golfers out there.....interesting questions?
Old 04-05-2007, 08:36 AM
NEW61375
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Any golfers out there.....interesting wuestions?

Archery is a sport and requires a lot of the same kind of practice, dedication, and committment. The only sport I've ever practiced more at than archery is golf, not football, not basketball(the other two I played a bit). Golf and archeryare much more technicalthan those sports IMO(not talking about play calling oranything like that just the individual physical and mental part). I wouldsay that I seea common ground between archery and golf. I didn't want to comment on the other thread (it was more fun just reading that one) but I knew what you meant. When I was developing into a better golfer I got withthe local proshop and an instructor to help me try to reachthe next level of playing (next level for me). I went tothose guys because they are the experts, there are a million guys on a golf course or driving range that can tell you eveything you are doing wrong and what you need to use as far as equipment but are they themostqualified? No. The guys that are pros and a lot ofthe ones that work in the shops are, and after going and having them analyze eveything and fit me to my new set of clubs(switched froma beginner/intermediate set to some T-Zoid irons)and practicing on thethings they noticed I could improve on I had immediate improvement and continue to improve. I had basically become better than my old set of clubs and the new ones were fitted to me. Theywere an extra inch long and just fit me better, the increased shaft stiffness helped me a lot because of my swing speed,not to mention the fact that having more ofa blade style ironincreased myability to maneuver the golf ball. Now a lot of that I might have eventually learned but they flattened out my learning curve so to speak. I still only play for fun and I am definitely no pro but canshoot in the low 80's consistently and have broke into the 70's on several outings and I don't think I would be doing that without their help. Sorry, I can never keep my replies short.