HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Any golfers out there.....interesting questions?
Old 04-05-2007, 08:04 AM
GMMAT
Dominant Buck

Default Any golfers out there.....interesting questions?

Buckeye asked why I always tend to relate archery to golf. It was a fair question....and I'm not making light of it.

I do that because it's the only thing "I know" I can relate archery to. I tried to get a buddy introduced to archery (even target shooting).....and I then started to realize how much they ARE similar.

In golf.....I practiced a lot.....moreso than I do in shooting my bow. in golf.....we try to achieve a repeated swing. We try to ingrain into our minds.....THE swing. We do this....so that we can make the SAME swing....NO MATTER what the situation before us entails (ex. driving off the tee when you're one shot up on the final hole vs. your first tee shot). The golf swing becomes almost WHOLELY, MENTAL. You've practiced it a million times. Now just go out there.....trust it....and EXECUTE.

Does any of this sound familiar?

I found this out.....just how familiar this is.....when I was shooting 5-spot....and during 3D shoots. To me....it's amazing the similarities these two endeavors share.

Does any of this hit home with you.....even in other sports?