HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How do you guys/gals do it?
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 10:11 AM
wingchaser_labs
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How do you guys/gals do it?

Vests are the way to go for sure. Everything is right there so you don't have to worry about misplacing somethign or fumble around woth mutilple packs. Call are all right on your chest or front pockets and decoys fit great in the back. I'd go with one with a nice thick fold down pad on the back to sit on as well. Another thing is don't get one with the mesh netting on it either like some have on the shoulders. They are lighter and cooler but are a pain in the woods with briars and stuff catching... I hunt with a bow as well and have never had any problems with catching my vest or anything. I think its actually better as it holds your coat tight to your chest as well seeing as you will probably be kneeling and your coat will bunch usaully but the vest keeps it flat... As far as the camera and a case (I know what you mean, ours is a$600 camera)I use a nice head net and camomy camera by covering it with the head net and securing it with rubber bands or electritions tape around it but not taped to the camera, and make sure the lense cover is outside so I can put it on and off when I hunt or walk. Keeps the camera safe from scratches and allows you to keep it on the tripod. WCL