Community

Team 4 The Rejects

Old 04-13-2017, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

By what I can see of the head I would say that is a bearded hen. I shot a bearded hen with like a 5 inch beard a few years back.
Old 04-15-2017, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by BigDaddy12t
Scored on this Jake today a little after 4:00. I had only been in my blind for about 10 minutes, and made one call sequence, looked up and here they came. There was 6 of them, all jakes. This one was the only one that had a beard. I have had a ton of guys tell me this is a bearded hen, not a jake. Anyone else care to chime in on this?

I would imagine with the low weight and no spurs it probably a bearded hen. We use to have a set score for them. I have a PM sent to arrowmaster asking about it. You are more than welcome to post the bird in the thread for the official picture and score thread. No need to wait unless ya just want to wait and see what arrowmaster says first. Either way congrats
Old 04-16-2017, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bearded hens do count.
Old 04-16-2017, 04:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default Congrats

BigDaddy good job, as long as it's a legal bird it's good by me. Tag soup for me this weekend. But the weather was awesome.
Old 04-16-2017, 06:38 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Getting close for me. First tag kicks in Thursday. If my spot hasn't been polluted I expect to have tag #1 filled by noon. Can't haul 50# of birds out 1 1/2 miles with my gear so I'll need to return Friday for tom #2. I can use both at this same public property.

Last edited by Zim; 04-17-2017 at 04:37 AM.
Old 04-16-2017, 06:49 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

What up with Team 3 superstrutter..........7 birds? Really? What kind of a legitimate team competition is that? The moderator should make some real rules. Anyway we are making a good showing so far. I'll be adding some numbers by week's end.

Last edited by Zim; 04-17-2017 at 04:36 AM.
Old 04-16-2017, 10:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, my season kicks in next Monday I'm hoping to score on a nice one or 2. I'm limited to 2 this year so hoping to get it done.
Old 04-17-2017, 04:49 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by superstrutter
Bearded hens do count.

They have in years past but I don't see anything about them in the rules this year. It use to be I think 30 pts for a bearded hen or Jake but the jake could also be scored regularly I believe.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Zim
What up with Team 3 superstrutter..........7 birds? Really? What kind of a legitimate team competition is that? The moderator should make some real rules. Anyway we are making a good showing so far. I'll be adding some numbers by week's end.
What are you getting at Zim? I'm killing too many birds? I am hunting three different states and only my best bird counts towards the teams final standings.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kellyguinn
They have in years past but I don't see anything about them in the rules this year. It use to be I think 30 pts for a bearded hen or Jake but the jake could also be scored regularly I believe.
We have always just scored the hen like you would a gobbler, without the spurs of course. At least in the past few years anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.