Community

Team 1 Strut Stoppers

Old 05-22-2017, 11:07 AM
Fork Horn

We are behind 68 pts.
Swamp slayer never gave a score, just sayed he " killed a bird and would get it posted". Then he killed another bird and the same.
And then he did it again.
If he scored 55- 60, hopefully Arrowmaster could add about 10 pts to his bird. And we might have a couple guys out hunting still.
I also heard " the fat lady is singer her head off". ( trash talk thread from team 4)

Last edited by bornagain64; 05-22-2017 at 11:10 AM.
Old 05-22-2017, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

In all fairness, my fat lady comment was directed to Phil - he's been talking about bagging a 30 pound triple-bearded bird to pull his team back into contention - I told him that bird needs 4 beards and 4 spurs to have a chance!

But you guys - you're definitely still in this contest if SS ever posts anything. However, I don't think he ever posted pics (at least none that I see), let alone scores, so I think you guys are screwed on that one...

Personally, I think it would be really cool if this year's contest came down to Arrow's ability to get a bigger bird on the last weekend of the season...
Old 05-22-2017, 01:18 PM
Fork Horn

Strut & Rut, your coment was on the smack talk thread, and was pretty funny.
I have no problem with it, that is what that thread is for.
Phil might just pull it off, we have already had some Guiness record book birds killed in this contest.
Old 05-22-2017, 02:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am laughing back at you guys.. Strut&Rut I am laughing at you still.. I wonder if I can even get that bird I want to get right now.. It depends on the weather for starters plus those big birds are very wise. But lets say I do nail that bird and when I pick him up even I get surprised because what I thought was 3 beards turns out o be 5.. Now wouldn't that be awesome and his spurs turns out to be almost 1 1/2 inches.. Now that would be very cool.. But, then again I may not even see that bird? There has been very few birds tagged in this area this year because of the weather we have been having. I still wouldn't say it can't happen just yet.. I remember a few years back one of our team members won the contest with a bird like that.. But I still doubt it would be big enough..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 05-22-2017 at 02:49 PM.
Old 05-23-2017, 07:48 AM
Fork Horn

Thank you so much for checking in with me as I was contacted by several of our team. I got cleared for cancer as our daughter. My wife has secondary issues and we haven't been able to do the critical testing for her. It is worrisome. I have been out a few days and my Maine and Ohio trips may not happen at all. CNY has been awful for any gobbling, and our property and our usual haunts are not producing any action at all. Even going old school has not been productive.

I am known for adding a few good birds on the pile, and the fat lady hasn't shown up for the gig yet. I will be out a few mornings this week, and looking to put in a last ditch effort from the holiday weekend through the end.

Mike
Old 05-23-2017, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

That sounds good Mike....take care of the family. Priority one.

We're not out of the contest yet. Put up a good one for us.
Ray
Old 05-23-2017, 08:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Glad to see you Mooky! Thinking of you all! You'll connect... I have faith!
Old 05-23-2017, 10:21 AM
Fork Horn

Mike, great to hear from you. Still praying and believing for a good report.

Not really appropiate after saying I am praying for you, I hope the fat lady chokes on her song and you get a bird.

If Arrowmaster gets a little bigger bird and swamp slayer ever post a score, we could pull it out.

Take care and keep us updated.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:50 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Swamp_slayer
Yep got everything else. I'll try to put it up tonight or tomorrow. He would've scored pretty good if his weight was up. Rocking a 10 inch beard with 1.5 inch spurs.
I found this, he also said it only weighed 14 pounds, still scores 64 pts.
That makes it harder to swallow that the pics never got posted.
Old 05-24-2017, 02:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

I got cleared for cancer as our daughter. My wife has secondary issues and we haven't been able to do the critical testing for her.
I am sorry to hear that mookyj and surely hope that all goes well for you folks. I fought cancer almost a year and a half ago now and I know what it can do to you.. I have now been back to work for a full year as of yesterday.. Again I wish you and your family the best..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.