Community

Team 3 Roost Raiders

Old 05-09-2016, 04:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Connected on this guy w/ my daughter Sat... had 2 going on roost... we were set up w/ decoy in field... they went away from us... then this guy hammered down the field edge we were sitting on between us and the truck. He never gobbled on the roost.
4 hens pitched down and landed about 15/20 yards in front of us and he came right up the edge gobbling and strutting. I shot him at about 30 yards. My daughter loved it! She is my younger one who still isn't quite ready to pull the trigger herself yet... soon enough. This is the 2nd nice tom we have shot together... she sits like a stone...

Old 05-09-2016, 04:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here is Grace with the bird... and she carried it the whole way out too.
Old 05-09-2016, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on your bird. Who all is still hunting? Any updates?
Old 05-09-2016, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice job Western!

I'm still hunting and have until May 31. Toms are henned up heavy. My schedule has also sucked and I've been busy balancing landscaping/gardening with kid's sports. Went to a new spot on Saturday, called in every crow in the county - literally, I had almost 30 crows cawing from a giant oak for ~90min. Needless to say, I left early without ever hearing a gobble or cluck...

Hitting the woods on Wed and the weekend with my son. Still seeing tons of strutters, just need to get one to commit.

S&R
Old 05-09-2016, 06:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

I still have 1 tag left... I won't be out as much as I like, but will still be trying either to get me or my fiancé or older daughter the big boy behind the house.
Heading to Fenway w/ the fam Thursday PM for a Red Sox game and then leaving Friday for a weekend away to RI for my daughter's 1st travel softball tournie of the season. Hope to go tomorrow am w/ my fiancé... may get out alone Wed / Thurs.
We still have 1 more week I believe after this weekend.
That bird will die!!!
Old 05-09-2016, 10:11 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats ! nice bird WMHunter and you have a future hunter learning the ropes nice !
Old 05-09-2016, 10:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

My daughters love to hunt with me. My older one has been so busy over the past couple of years w/ travel softball this time of year that she has not been out turkey hunting as much w/ me as my younger one. I have taken 3 birds with my younger daughter w/ me and one deer.
She loves it.
Time well spent.

Last edited by Western MA Hunter; 05-09-2016 at 10:52 AM.
Old 05-09-2016, 05:01 PM
Typical Buck

Im still hunting here,..time to change tactics a bit,..have been rained out again. Season runs till may 31,.i remain confident,
Old 05-10-2016, 03:20 AM
Fork Horn

Nice bird Western MA Hunter!

I have until Memorial Day, I plan to keep at it until I get some of these tags filled.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Went this am w/ my fiancé... nothing... not a peep. I'll try to roost tonight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.