Team 1 turknado

Old 04-16-2016, 10:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hope I have half the luck my grandson and I had on Saturday. I have been after turkeys hard now for 6 years. I have killed a couple hens, a few jakes, a bearded hen and one gobbler with a 4 3/4" inch beard. I have never been so close to really big nice gobblers as my grandson and I were on Saturday. They both had 10"-12" inch beards on them and they had to be well over 20 pounds each. 18 and 23 yards. My 12 gauge will lay waste to those bad boys if I get that same chance!!!!! Monday morning here I come. I have the first three days off so hopefully I am successful cause after that my chances to get out will be sporadic at best. I will go over the video footage and try and post up a couple pics of the gobblers my grandson shot at.
Old 04-17-2016, 12:41 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Well I have the Learn to Hunt turkey program out of the way. The youth hunt out of the way. Took a guy out WI opener and he scored a 67.375 NWTF bird. And last day of scouting for the MI opener.
I am 3 for 3 on helping folks.
Will roost mine tonight. Scouted yesterday and have 2 spots so my kid and I can try for a double. It starts in earnest for me On Monday
JW
Old 04-17-2016, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tonight I am working until 4 AM. Then I will be heading home, changing my clothes, grabbing my stuff and heading out to the blind. Should arrive at the blind about 5:40 and have my bird by 7:30 if all goes well. Good luck to everyone else just starting and those who have also been at it a bit if your still after them!!!!! If I get a chance at one of those 2 birds my grandson shot at i will definitely layeth the smacketh down!!!!!
Old 04-18-2016, 07:08 AM
Spike

Well I thought it would be like clockwork. The same group of turkeys came towards me about the same time they did me and my grandson on Saturday. Only problem is they hung up at about 50 yards and wouldn't come any closer. I didn't feel comfortable taking a 50 yard shot so I eventually watched them walk away. Tomorrow is another day and I will be after them again. Heard lots of gobbling after I saw them but didn't see anymore.
Old 04-18-2016, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Something smells a little fishy here. Is ManofTheFall and NXT Hunter the same person?
Old 04-19-2016, 05:57 AM
JW
Super Moderator

I'm 4 for 4......and ...Ta Da.......Bird down by little Ole me.

Shot a double with my daughter in MI.
pictures to come.
I am done in MI.
Nice 2 yr old.
I start hunting WI 4/25......

But tonight have a MI farmer's kid to mentor!

JW
Old 04-19-2016, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry guys that last post I logged in under my grandsons username cause I forgot to switch it. Yes superstrutter we are 2 different people. I did put a Jake down this morning, saw one of the big gobblers but couldn't get him any closer than 80 yards. I will post pics later. I have 1 more good day to get after the big one.
Old 04-20-2016, 10:06 AM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

Scored on this great bird in MO this morning. Weighed in at 21 1/2 lbs, sporting a 10" and 7" beard, to go along with 1 1/8" spurs.
Attached Thumbnails Team 1 turknado-img_0799.jpg  
Old 04-20-2016, 10:51 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Attached boy DTC.
Scored a double with my daughter. Can't post pics from my phone.
Old 04-20-2016, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

FINALLY getting out this weekend!...
hopefully picts of a few dead birds to come.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.