Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2015 Turkey Contest
2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers >

2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers

2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers

Old 05-15-2015, 09:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats on your bird swampbuster !! I am also glad to hear your daughter has had a great time out there hunting with you! There is nothing like getting the young ones into it! Also nothing like spending the quality time with them as well.. Congrats again!!

jepcho... On your last bird ? Was it in Iowa? Also roughly what time??

Thanks..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 05-15-2015 at 09:53 AM.
Old 05-15-2015, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes sir Phil. An Iowa eastern killed about 6:55 PM.
Old 05-16-2015, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Btw, never thought about mentioning this before but it any of you are on instagram you can follow me @jepcho. I'm also on Twitter @jepcho but I'm on instagram a lot more. All I do is post pictures of my hunting so it might be interesting to you. Get to see a lot of pictures of my spring season this year
Old 05-17-2015, 01:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sorry jepcho, but, I do not twitter or use instagram.. I do use FB and that is about it.. I am planning on starting a blog to run my outdoors pictures on in the not to far of the future though..

I will be heading out in the morning to see if I can bring back an upgrade for us..
Old 05-19-2015, 03:24 AM
Fork Horn

Another one down in Neb this morning. Got to get to work so will post a story and send phil the pics later today. He is another double beard and one is a rope. Down to one tag for my trip out west.
Old 05-19-2015, 05:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

WOW!! Congrats camokenny!! You make it look to easy.. I have not heard a gobble in around a week and a half.. I saw 2 jakes together the other day ( after already shooting one ) but passed hoping to see a nice long beard..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 05-19-2015 at 05:32 AM.
Old 05-19-2015, 02:54 PM
Fork Horn

Well guys it was a short hunt and a short story. Got a piece of new property to hunt over the weekend and watched a small flock go to roost with one strutter with them. Ran over there this morning and got about 150 yards from where I seen them roost the other night. He fired up so I waited a bit and then sent a soft tree call his way, he answered and birds started flying down. Once on the ground the hens tuned in and it wash a calling mess with them and me and the gobbler trying to keep up. However nothing moved my way not one foot. Right at 6 a bird flew out of the roost right over my head and hit the ground at 30 yards in front of me. Only took a few seconds to know it was a longbeard so I layed him down. Sadly I will go out west with only one tag in my pocket, not really sad over a 12" beard.

Nebraska, Eastern, 5-19-15 6:00am, shotgun
20 lbs
beard 1 - 12 1/4"
beard 2 - 5 7/8"
Left spur 1"
Right spur 1 3/8"
Old 05-19-2015, 03:03 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine
WOW!! Congrats camokenny!! You make it look to easy.. I have not heard a gobble in around a week and a half.. I saw 2 jakes together the other day ( after already shooting one ) but passed hoping to see a nice long beard..
Thanks Phil, No its not easy but this is my 36th year hunting these great birds and I live for the spring to get here every year. Turkeys are on my mind every day of the year. I have learned a lot over the years but still make mistakes as well as learn every season.
Old 05-19-2015, 04:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have a score of 80 on this bird for ya Camokenny !! Another big bird !! WTG !!

It looks to me like your 1 inch spur should be a 1 1/8 inch spur.. But either way it is another very big bird!!

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 05-19-2015 at 04:27 PM.
Old 05-19-2015, 04:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well guys I am going to keep trying to nail us a decent bird if I can that is for sure.. hopefully we still have someone out there hunting as well that can score a bird to help us win this contest.. If not I will have to say it has surely been great being on a winning team with such a great group of fellow turkey hunters! We have run into this contest with 2 missing links and right now guys we have the team with the highest scoring group of birds. I am hoping we can still get to have someone post a bird that we have not heard from yet.. Everyone has done great and I would sure like to see us hold onto the title and keep the team together for another year! Keep at em and maybe a not heard from will pop in with a turkey to help us along.. Good Luck guys we can do this again !!

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 05-21-2015 at 08:42 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.