Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2015 Turkey Contest
2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers >

2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers

Community

2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers

Old 04-29-2015, 04:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nice story blackheel! I know any time the turkeys are around you it is extremely hard to change your location on them.. Even when a group moves off.. That other tom spots you and you are done with.. My last 2 years of hunting up here the toms gave me the silent treat on each bird that I shot even on a miss last year the same thing silent.. Not 1 frigging peep out of those toms.. The jake would gobble no matter what it appeared but not those toms.. Anyways nice story and a nice bird!! congrats again..
Old 04-29-2015, 04:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Real nice story on bird #2 as well.. Sometimes you just never know what they are going to do!! I know from my scouting our bird numbers are down a lot as well. But, there is still some birds around and I am going to give it my best.. Congrats again blackheel..
Old 04-29-2015, 05:01 PM
Fork Horn

Phil - I saw your post earlier. How many team members do we have that are basically MIA?
Old 04-29-2015, 05:04 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats again blackheel! Nice stories and nice turkeys! What state were you hunting?
Old 04-29-2015, 05:08 PM
Typical Buck

Well I will be back at them again in the morning. It will be a picture perfect morning, sunny, cool, no wind. Hopefully the birds will be fired up in the morning. Can't wait to experience Gods creation in the morning!
Old 04-29-2015, 05:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

3 of them have not made any reports in quite some time.. Bigc870, Southernstrut56, and Talondale.. Also we came in this contest with 2 members missing and 2 assigned but never showed.. So with what we have left we are really laying the smack down.. Now if I can nail a bird or 2 it will help.. But unless I get one of those giant hardly ever heard tell of birds I am afraid we may not get the win.. But, it is not over yet and any of you that are hunting may end up upgrading a score or 2 and I could nail a nice bird.. So it is still far from over!! I know we can still win this thing!! But, it will be a battle right to the end.. I also never saw team 2 scores until I went back and looked.. We are now in 3rd place guys.. So hopefully a no report may get one?? Who knows..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 04-30-2015 at 07:05 AM.
Old 04-29-2015, 05:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by swampbuster
Well I will be back at them again in the morning. It will be a picture perfect morning, sunny, cool, no wind. Hopefully the birds will be fired up in the morning. Can't wait to experience Gods creation in the morning!
Good Luck to you swampbuster!! We hope you have some great success!!
Old 04-30-2015, 12:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

We are currently 123 points behind the first place team.. So it will be a very hard win for us to get unless some member we have not heard from happens to get a bird.. Good luck guys we still have a chance at it none the less!!
Old 04-30-2015, 01:38 AM
Fork Horn

Will any of them answer a pm?
Old 04-30-2015, 04:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by blackheel
Will any of them answer a pm?
I received nothing from them.. No idea as to why? Maybe they have been quite busy or something? So I am hoping one of these guys will pop in with some good news for us.. But, as well all know from last year anything can still happen.. I do know where i saw a big tom back last week one day.. I have not seen him again but have seen 2 hens in there last night just before dark. So I believe he is still in there.. I will be trying for him early on Monday morning..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 04-30-2015 at 07:04 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.