Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2015 Turkey Contest
2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers >

2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers

Community

2014 Returning champs The Turkey Killers

Old 04-20-2015, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine
kellyquin, I need a state, time (estimate is ok ) and type of turkey Eastern or ect..
thanks..

We also need to have the weapon of kill from all birds posted as well.. I believe that both birds scored were from a shotgun??Thanks guys..
Sorry bout that. It was in Oklahoma, 8:30 am on 18 Apr 2015, Rio
Old 04-21-2015, 02:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks kellyquin.. We still need what your weapon of choice was.. I am assuming shotgun...

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 04-21-2015 at 03:01 PM.
Old 04-21-2015, 05:34 AM
Super Moderator

12 gauge mossberg 835, 3.5" federal 3rd degree
Old 04-21-2015, 08:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by kellyguinn
12 gauge mossberg 835, 3.5" federal 3rd degree
Thanks kellyquinn I only needed shotgun for it... I just want to make sure other teams do not bicker over it.. Your turkey score has been updated.. Thanks kellyquinn..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 04-21-2015 at 03:02 PM.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good luck everyone out there hunting.. I can hardly wait for May 4th to get here..
Old 04-21-2015, 03:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

I think I am going a bit crazy here waiting for our season to open up.. We have had rain all day here and even our first thunderstorm of the year.. I am under the impression our snow will be all gone by this weekend and that had aught to get the birds going good.. Less than 2 weeks now and I will be on vacation hunting those birds.. I am getting starting to get all excited now!! I want it to hurry up and get here.. Good luck guys..
Old 04-22-2015, 04:48 PM
Typical Buck

Sorry I have not checked in the past few days, I have been getting my butt kicked by turkeys on public land. Thought I had one today, but turned out it was a jake. I have also being battling the flu so have not had much energy in afternoons. Going to take the next few days off and sleep in. Suppose to be raining anyway. Good luck to everyone.
Old 04-22-2015, 11:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by swampbuster
I have also being battling the flu so have not had much energy in afternoons. Going to take the next few days off and sleep in. Suppose to be raining anyway. Good luck to everyone.
Yeah, you need to take care of that flew.. It has been quite the flew this year..

I took a ride yesterday morning on the way home from work and saw 3 toms in the 2 year old range together with 2 hens.. Then left the house for another drive to another area and saw around 10 more hens,, After a while I was fortunate enough to see a huge tom sneaking off and 3 moose along 8 deer.. It was a great morning for a drive out there after having heavey rain all night.. Hopefully with the hens showing up more toms will be as well.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:14 AM
Spike

I wish I had better news to report.......

I hunted for 3 days straight and did not hear not one gobble and everyone I have talked too including my friends that are hunting in the southern ozarks everyone is saying the same thing the birds are not gobbling. 2 of my friends that are turkey hunting fools have not heard a single bird, the birds are in there area, there is plenty of turkey scratch and droppings. I did see 1 Jake and 2 hens when I was out roaming around but I didn't see them until they where flying off. My 2 friends did see a group of 7 hens with no gobblers.

I don't really understand what is going on right now, I have never seen a season like this. I don't know if the turkeys are done or not started up yet.

I have decided to give it until next week before I go back, but if the people I know that are hunting in the same part of the state give me a report they are gobbling then I will go back sooner.

I am at a lose as to what to do other than hunt them like I do deer and just set up on a spot that has some scratching and hope one walks through.

Congrats to everyone that has scored and to folks out there hunting have fun and be safe.
Old 04-23-2015, 12:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am sorry to hear that bic870...

I have had the last 2 years in which they only gobbled a couple of times early in the season. I am not sure if they get used to people trying to call them or exactly what it is. I do know that it happens and it makes for a long day out hunting them... But, if you know that they are there keep your calling at a minimum.. It is a big waiting game and if they are interested they will come in. Both my toms the last 2 years never gobbled for me at all on the days I shot them. My first one it was on a rainy day and my second one was after everyone else drove by and I was late starting out. I saw him with 2 hens while heading up to my blind. So I found some cover to dodge into and worked on the hens. He came in toe Then something spooked them? Maybe the had spotted me but they were in range and once the closest hen moved away from him I was able to get my shot.. I also waited 2 and 1/2 hours for one to show up that never gobbled and missed it.. One just never knows what is going to take place.. But not one of my birds gobbled..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.