HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Opinions on the Remington 700 XCR
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 05:34 PM
sellme69
Fork Horn

Default RE: Opinions on the Remington 700 XCR

I too have an XCR Rocky Mtn Elk Foundation (RMEF) in 300 wsm. I love the gun. Is it worth the extra over an SPS ss??? ...Probably not. BUT, I liked the all camo stock and the fact that the Trynite (spelling?!?) would make the gun itself bulletproof. Great gun that will last forever in any element. The way I see it, the 300 wsm caliber is a great "all around" one I can use on deer, elk, kittens, etc. I will likely use that rifle for the rest of my life and be happy with it, so I bought what I wanted. It did needa trigger job....$35 I believe through a reputable gunsmith on Ebay and it made a world of difference in my accuracy.

One thing for certain, be sure to invest a little in the scope as well. I bought a Leupold VXII 4-12 that cost around $400. A lot of people even go more expensive. It will make a huge difference, so don't neglect the glass on top. You can get a Nikon Buckmasters 3x9 for $200, which is a decent scope. I wouldn't go below that. That rifle will only be as good as the scope you put on it, and like I said it can last the rest or your life so get what you want & keep it