Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2014 Turkey Contest
Team 5* ~The Turkey Killers >

Team 5* ~The Turkey Killers

Community

Team 5* ~The Turkey Killers

Old 04-16-2014, 09:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by swampbuster
Congrats camokenney! We're are you hunting at in Nebraska?
I have him down for Iowa.. But we need to get the pictures up..
Old 04-16-2014, 09:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well team we have 4 hunters and will soon 4 birds in our team scores once we get the pics!! Hoo Rah! We are getting it done! Good Luck to those of you out hunting as well as those that have already added to our team! We will be getting more birds as we go along and I am itching to get out!

A lot of our snow has left us now and we have some hi water levels as a result of a huge rain that came threw here last night.. But that means the snow in the woods is leaving us slowly as well. So on the 28th hunting should be going great up here if all goes to plan.. ( which never does ) I will be adding to our scoring though then. So keep at em guys we are going to win this thing! If anyone is getting stuck on these wise old birds let us know so we can try and give a few suggestions.. Go Team Go!
Old 04-16-2014, 12:49 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine
Not a problem Swampbuster!! I am happy to help and to have this fine bird added to our teams listing.. Congrats on a nice bird indeed !!! I will need that to add weapon of choice.. Shotgun/bow?? I will get this bird posted and up date it once I have that info..

camokenny if you need some help I can try the same route by text.. I sent you my text number threw PM.. Thanks, Phil
It was harvested with a shotgun
Old 04-16-2014, 12:54 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine
I have him down for Iowa.. But we need to get the pictures up..
If I understood camokenney correctly I thought he was saying he will be hunting in Nebraska next
Old 04-16-2014, 01:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

He maybe I would have to go back and check.. but this turkey is from Iowa..
Perhaps I am misunderstanding??
Old 04-16-2014, 01:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am posting Camokenny's turkey for him as well..

Congrats again camokenny !!

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 04-16-2014 at 01:33 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:30 PM
Typical Buck

I went out and listened on some public ground this morning and didn't hear anything. Our season starts Saturday and I still have not heard the first gobble.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

The weather has been strange all over the country and I am finding every thing here is at least a month behind.. I am not sure if that will help you or not but if you can think about where that will put them it maybe of some help. Although last year my biggest one came in with 3 hens and another tom and never made a sound.. They can be strange acting at times.

I may take a ride in the morning to see if I can spot any. I also want to see how bad the dirt road is going up into there because of all the rain we got last night. Almost every stream is well above flood stage.. But the turkeys will be around there some place come the 28th..
Old 04-16-2014, 01:58 PM
Fork Horn

This bird is a Iowa bird. I still have one more tag for Iowa and three for Nebraska to fill. My next iowa tag is only good for our last season here so it will probably get filled before I go to neb. I normally go to neb before that but with a untimely move to our new house I had to change my plans somewhat. Not a problem tho cause neb is open till the last day in may.
Good luck everyone.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

I was checking the other teams out some.. What I am seeing as of right now is team 6 is going to be the team to beat.. But, we are going to beat em all. We are in an excellent position right now to be able to do it.. With 4 of our members tagging and posting birds up at the rate we are going we will be this years champions!! Thanks to all of you getting these nice turkeys posted.. Some pretty big birds I at that!!

Myself I am going to take the first half of opening week and hunt all day for a monster of a bird that had 12 hens with him last year. If I can get him we will be jumping up once again.. Man is my trigger finger starting to itch now.. Congrats team!!! We are going to get it done this year!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.