Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2014 Turkey Contest
Team 5* ~The Turkey Killers >

Team 5* ~The Turkey Killers

Community

Team 5* ~The Turkey Killers

Old 03-30-2014, 05:05 AM
Typical Buck

I went and checked my camera on another piece of property I have permission to hunt. I saw lots of fresh scratching a few hen tracks and. I had several pics of one hen. This property usually holds a lot of turkeys. We have a little more than a month before the opener.
Old 03-30-2014, 07:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

We are having freezing rain and rain right now with flood watches so some of our snow pack will be leaving!! I like the idea of the snow leaving us. Places I scouted last year I can not even begin to get to right now.. So that means no else can either and the birds should be around there with out anyone bothering them.. If not I still have out back if they come back around..
Old 04-02-2014, 10:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

I figured I would ask and see how everyone is doing.. Anyone out scouting yet? I know some of you folks have a season coming up within a week and a half and I am hoping to hear of some great reports.. We are going to kick butt this year and leave all those others in the dust!! Anyways I certainly hope we all have some nice success stories to share.. If not we all like to hear the stories so bring them on once you get out hunting .. Besides I need to hear something different besides when the next storm is going to hit again..
Old 04-03-2014, 05:17 PM
Typical Buck

Have not been able to do some serious scouting another than checking cameras. I hope to so some this weekend
Old 04-03-2014, 05:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

I hope you get to see a few nice toms when you get a chance to scout them out.. Here I saw my first robin of the year and there was 4 of them! They were in just about the only patch of bare ground your going to find up here right now. Our temp was hitting 49 and that surely is going to help remove the white stuff!

Good Luck Team when you get a chance to blast a few Toms!!
Old 04-04-2014, 10:21 PM
Spike

Haven't checked in for a while and it is nice to see that we are on the board.

For me it's going to be a long agonizing wait for Missouri's season to open on the 21st.

I might set out the first day, it all depends on the weather.

Congrats to those who have all ready scored!!!

And good luck to everyone that is out hunting or scouting!!!

I have yet to go out scouting and don't know if I will get the chance before season, I have a bunch of things to do around the house to keep the wife happy before I leave for about 5-7 days of turkey hunting.

I have seen the group of about 30 turkeys that are in the same field about 3-5 times a week. I could take one of those Toms pretty easy but we have very few turkeys in the bootheel of Missouri and I will not hunt them. I pass on them every bow season. I think it is the right thing to do with us not having but just a small amount of Turkeys.

There are several of the Toms that have beards that drag the ground and tuck underneath them when the walk!!!

They are dumb as a brick you can stand up and wave at them from the stand and they may or may not run off. They are just nice to look at.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

It is great to hear from you bigc! I hope your season works out well for you as well.. I know about the waiting as my season starts on the 28th.. We are still buried in snow here and temps are rising! So the way the temps are coming around it may turn out to be a great opening day!
Old 04-07-2014, 01:19 PM
Typical Buck

I went out and listened the other morning and didn't hear any turkeys. Couldn't stay out long so not a good measuring stick for gobbling activity.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys. I haven't been posting much but I've been stalking our thread to keep up on whats going on. Not much to report here, other than patterning my gun. I put a scope on my turkey gun for the first time this year and with the Hevi-13 choke tube and hevi-13 magnum blend 3.5" shells the patter is just unreal. I'm ready to go! I did take my little brother out this weekend. We didn't get one but had lots of action. Called three jakes in to 12 yards or so, he decided to pass. We have another week of youth season so I feel confident we can get him one.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

Glad to hear from you jepcho! I surely hope your little brother gets a nice.. It is good to hear some action is going on out there.. Myself I have not done any scouting yet and plan to this coming Saturday even though my season is still a month away. I will take my camera and try to get a couple of pics to share.. Normally by now I usually see quite a few turkeys in town here. But, this year with all our snow and ice there is not much showing up. Yesterday it hit 59 here so the snow is melting! At the rate it is going the first week here aught to be great! but, for now I still have twenty more days before I can go after them..

I hope you have a chance to get out and scout a little again swampbuster.. Hopefully they will be showing up when you get a chance to go after them as well.

SS how you making out? Having any action at all? I sure hope you get to pick up another bird. Although you have done great as you got us up on the bird with our team's first turkey!! good Luck to you as well..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.