Community

Team 2 ButterBall Bandits

Old 03-03-2014, 03:08 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

Eric, do we have to send in hot picks of ourselves in turkey vests like the chive girls!? Haha!! I like the KCGO......

Stopped on the side of the road this morning on the way to work and got one to answer a hoot owl!! It's time to fold some up!!
Old 03-03-2014, 04:03 PM
Typical Buck

Bible Man the myth and legend too. I am surrounded by greatness!
Old 03-03-2014, 04:03 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by EFH
Eric, do we have to send in hot picks of ourselves in turkey vests like the chive girls!? Haha!! I like the KCGO......

Stopped on the side of the road this morning on the way to work and got one to answer a hoot owl!! It's time to fold some up!!
Only if you are using a FNI Outdoors call!
Old 03-03-2014, 04:04 PM
Spike

I'll send in photos of the turkey in the oven.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:28 AM
Typical Buck

Hello all !
Sounds like we are going to do good this year, I'm hunting Merriam's in Colorado. How about you all?

I have a couple names to think about also..........

Turkey Thunder, Ridge Runners, The Killers, Turkey Addicts, and Gobbling Thunder.

I can work on a logo when we pick a name unless another team mate wants to.

Season starts 4/12 ends 5/25
Old 03-04-2014, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will be hunting Easterns in Tennesse, and possibly Alabama. I am going to spend a bit of time hunting a WMA that I have never turkey hunted before. Went a couple times during deer season mainly to scout for turkeys. Very few hunters utilize this WMA, so I like my chances. Went scouting this morning, and heard one gobble. But, did see about 30 longbeards all together...my mouth and eyes were salivating! Saw one group of 17 longbeards together! The only gobble came from the roost from a bird that I'm not sure that I ever saw. Come on March 29th!!!
Old 03-04-2014, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

After getting limited to a bearded hen last spring, I decided it was time to locate some new places to hunt...where the birds used to be around me has seemed to go dry. Needless to say, from my last post, I like what I have found so far. This morning was the 5th time I've gone to this new-to-me WMA, and I'm already regretting waiting until now to go here. It is about an hour drive for me, each way, but that is no problem if it produces!

This team is looking like a contender, for sure!
Old 03-04-2014, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck Bible Man. Hunting public can be tough as well as rewarding . Sounds like your doing your homework. Google Earth is a great tool, as you probably already know.
Ray.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

As for team name, what about:
"Hey, mom...can you cook this turkey I just killed?"

That may be too long, but it is the way that I have notified my mom of every turkey that I've ever killed. Still waiting on her to cook one for me, though...LOL!

Or Metham-turkeymeat...you know, it can be addictive, and ruin your life.

Or Black Rain...common term for radioactive fallout...this is extremely dangerous.

Those are just silly. I like some of the other ones folks have been saying, too. Honestly, I don't care a bit what our team name is, and would be happy to simply be, "Team 2". I am excited to be on this team with you guys, hear what's going on in your neck of the woods, and look forward to sharing stories of my own.

Ok...I'll stop posting for now.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by RPD63
Good luck Bible Man. Hunting public can be tough as well as rewarding . Sounds like your doing your homework. Google Earth is a great tool, as you probably already know.
Ray.
Google Earth is my best friend!

And, yes, public land can be somewhat torturous. I am probably more proud of that bearded hen I got on the last day of season last year than any other bird that I've killed. Had to work very hard for her. She was delicious.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.