HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2014 HNI Bowhunting Deer Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2014-hni-bowhunting-deer-contest-147/)
-   -   Team 3 Thread "The Team" (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2014-hni-bowhunting-deer-contest/394087-team-3-thread-team.html)

AF Hunter 10-06-2014 11:12 AM

remember to submit photos of you, your deer, and your bow to the official score card. If the photo does not have all three, the entry is disqualified.

wallhangr 10-06-2014 11:53 AM

Entry posted for team.

Bucktail_Bob 10-06-2014 01:20 PM

Nice job on the doe Wallhangr. I hunted NC last week, saw a decent buck. I'll be in stand in IL next week, I need all that standing corn to disappear.

bb

wallhangr 10-06-2014 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Bucktail_Bob (Post 4162737)
Nice job on the doe Wallhangr. I hunted NC last week, saw a decent buck. I'll be in stand in IL next week, I need all that standing corn to disappear.

bb

If the rain stays away the corn should all keep coming out. A lot of fields around here are already done.

b0huntr147 10-07-2014 06:04 AM

Saw on the news here in NE that 85% of beans and 90% of corn is still standing right now and with good chances of rain the next couple of days could be slow coming out. I have stand sits planned for next weekend but I may try to sneak out sooner. I have a lady back home that I always shoot a doe and take it to a processor for her so hopefully I'll be on the board soon.

wallhangr 10-07-2014 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by b0huntr147 (Post 4162848)
Saw on the news here in NE that 85% of beans and 90% of corn is still standing right now and with good chances of rain the next couple of days could be slow coming out. I have stand sits planned for next weekend but I may try to sneak out sooner. I have a lady back home that I always shoot a doe and take it to a processor for her so hopefully I'll be on the board soon.

After seeing your post, I talked to one of our grain traders - not good news. HUGE carry in the market right now so unless the farmers are going to their own storage the corn will probably be standing for a while. Here in MO we're close to 50% harvested, IL is only showing around 23%.

AF Hunter 10-07-2014 09:02 AM

Iowa crop report from yesterday.

Only 5 percent of corn has been harvested so far, 3 weeks behind the normal pace. Seventy-six percent of the corn crop was reported in good to excellent condition. With almost all of the soybean acreage turning color, 85 percent of the crop was dropping leaves or beyond, just behind average. Soybean harvest was 9 percent complete, the lowest percentage harvested by this date in over 30 years. Seventy-four percent of the soybean crop was in good to excellent condition.

b0huntr147 10-08-2014 01:40 PM

well guys looks like I'm gonna have to hunt saturday, the weather here in nebraska is looking too perfect to not be out. Forecast is for saturday moring is 38 degrees at sunrise, no clouds, and a 3 mph NE wind which is the perfect wind for my stand

AF Hunter 10-08-2014 02:00 PM

I'll be going out for Friday (fall break) and Saturday for my first hunts of the season.

b0huntr147 10-09-2014 05:55 AM

Just saw this on another teams thread but I thought I would pass it along, for those of you with smart phones and there is nobody else there to take a pic for after the kill with you, the deer, and the bow. Prop up your phone and start taking a video then go position your deer and bow. Then watch the video and pause it when everything looks good then you can screenshot that image.

I had never thought of doing this until I read that, should come in handy for me anyways and thought it may help other team members also.