Community

Team 3 Thread "The Team"

Old 11-06-2014, 11:34 AM
Spike

I shot a nice wide 8 this morning. When I shot the string clipped my safety harness. I got a passthrough shot, but not sure where it hit. Let him sit three hours and started to track. Great blood trail for about 200 yards then it quit. I found where he had laid down about fifty yards from that, but then no more blood. I circled the area a few times even checking the edge of an old food plot that is now grown up in chin high weeds. I backed out went to get lunch and a buddy to help. When we went back in I started circling from last blood again and eventuall wound up checking old food plot again. While working through it I jumped him and he took off again. I slipped to where he jumped from and saw lots of blood and looked in direction of where he went and could see a good blood trail again. I decided to back out and wait until morning. Any suggestions. Early blood was light pink with some bubbles, so I thought I had a good lung shot. Now I'm not sure.
Old 11-06-2014, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I posted on your other post about this. Smell the blood for the odor of bile. Give him until morning before you go looking for him again. Cousin gut shot a buck a few years ago that I found 12 hours later that was still trying to get away but too weak.
Old 11-06-2014, 01:27 PM
Spike

Thanks. This makes me sick, I hope blood trail holds out in morning and I find him
Old 11-07-2014, 08:29 AM
Fork Horn

Good luck!
Old 11-07-2014, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by razor6570
Good luck!
Any updates?
Old 11-07-2014, 01:25 PM
Spike

Just now finished. Had decent trail for a while then small specks for a long time. Tracked him at least four hundred yards then it ran out. Started at 7:30 this morning and lost trail at about 11:00. Continued making circles around last spot until now. No luck here. Yesterday he went about 75 yards between trying to lay down. From the time I picked it up this morning until I lost it he never once tried bedding down. Since I saw white hair where I shot him, is there a chance he's going to make it. It kills me to think I may have wasted this deer.
Old 11-07-2014, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Although windy most of the day, I saw 3 bucks all between 160 and 200. None of them came within range.
Old 11-08-2014, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by gamsmith
Just now finished. Had decent trail for a while then small specks for a long time. Tracked him at least four hundred yards then it ran out. Started at 7:30 this morning and lost trail at about 11:00. Continued making circles around last spot until now. No luck here. Yesterday he went about 75 yards between trying to lay down. From the time I picked it up this morning until I lost it he never once tried bedding down. Since I saw white hair where I shot him, is there a chance he's going to make it. It kills me to think I may have wasted this deer.
With the white hair on the ground, what kind of angle did you have on the shot?

Might also take a look at the blood trail again to see if he doubled back. From your posts, it sounds like too much blood lost not to be down somewhere.
Old 11-09-2014, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sat in the stand all day and here are the results:
7 bucks (one shooter too far away) the five that came in range varied from button buck to a 10 pointer that would have scored around 110,
10 does, (two within range both yearlings),
13 turkeys all within range but no turkey tag,
1 red fox,
and
An uncountable number of squirrels.

Was in the stand for 10 1/2 hours (got down for one hour to eat lunch and rest my back.
Old 11-11-2014, 11:42 AM
Fork Horn

I have been out the past couple weekends, 5 days in stand.
Seen some nice ones just out of bow range. Passed on some 2 year olds.
My buddies 14 year old stuck a 150 class Sunday afternoon. It was on a scrape at 2pm, one grunt brought him in from 70 yds.
5 “ bases and some 6” circumferences off the beams, dressed out at 207.
I did not see any heavy chasing but it’s got to be on now, I’ll be back out in a few days.
Check out this trail cam pic, it’s not far from where we hunt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.