Back2Back Champs - TEAM PASS THRU

Old 10-25-2014, 02:38 AM
Fork Horn

I missed a doe last night twice! I was hunting the edge of a corn field at the top of a small ravine. She came down the hill from the other side of the creek to get a drink. I was hoping she would come right up to me but she turned to walk upstream to the south (There's a bean field at the south end of the woods). I had about a 35 yard shot and she jumped the string. She played around awhile stomping her foot trying to figure out what and where I was. She stepped into another shooting lane at 40 yards and I touched the trigger on my release. My bow is too loud I guess because this time she turned to the side dodging the arrow. I'm working this am but will be out again tonight. Good luck all!
Old 10-26-2014, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

My bucks are still very well hidden. Even from the cameras. Been seeing does but haven't had any shot opportunities. Crops are coming out fast and today sounds like the last day of high 70's, Next week is high 50's. Hopefully I'll figure out how to be in the right place.
Old 10-26-2014, 05:34 PM
Fork Horn

25 pts
Old 10-26-2014, 06:00 PM
Fork Horn

Nice work!!
Old 10-26-2014, 06:24 PM
Typical Buck

Outstanding! What a deer. Lets here the story.
Old 10-26-2014, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice job! Looks like the little one in the back isn't too enthused about you using the swimming pool
Old 10-27-2014, 01:43 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys!

My uncle owns a small farm adjacent to the Seneca Army Depot in Romulus, NY. There is a population of white deer there and a few get out every year because the fence is in disrepair (The base closed under the Clinton administration). So I was hunting near the fence line last night and I noticed this deer about 250 yards away running back and forth. I thought it was odd because I hadn't seen bucks chasing does yet. Eventually she comes running along with a brown doe and I had to bleat at her to get her to stop. She stops in her tracks and I put the arrow in her right lung. She ran about 60 yards and dropped.

When I hung her up I noticed a fresh wound on her back. The neighbor must have shot at her and hit her high. I assume this is why she was running back and forth when I saw her. Another inch lower and he would have hit her spine dropping her in her tracks.

Deer were moving like crazy last night. I saw 12 in a 3 hour sit. I think the bucks will respond to some calling this weekend. The rutting moon is next Thursday. Time to put some horns on the ground!
Old 10-27-2014, 10:48 AM
Fork Horn

Greetings friends! Set up a deer cam on a new piece that I have permission to hunt. Finally got horns! Of course everything is moving in at 8pm or 3 am but they are there and I have visual evidence. Its been frustrating so far this year just seeing does does and does, ugh! One little 3pointer too. Now with rut activity on the uptick here in the next wee to 10 days, things actually look way better than before! I will keep everyone posted
Old 10-27-2014, 12:41 PM
Fork Horn

Here dear! Dinner time!
Old 10-29-2014, 04:09 PM
Fork Horn

Still not seeing any mature bucks. Everyone around me is talking about the bucks moving and i have even seen them taking rides on the days i don't hunt, but no luck while hunting. Whats everyone strategy during the pre-rut and rut? What has worked for you? Field edges or inside the woods or fence lines?
I'm going to try to send as much time in the woods in the next couple weeks as possible.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.