HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Rest and Sight
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 05:55 AM
Paul L Mohr

Default RE: Rest and Sight

You want something that works and is cost effective. Get a simple prong rest, if you can find one any more[:@] and some value priced 3 pin fiber optic sights. They kill deer just as well as anything else and won't cost you a ton of money. I would spend the the money you save on better arrows and a couple of lessons. In the end all that fancy crap doesn't make you shoot better, you make you shoot better. But you are pretty much doomed with junky arrows.

There are some decently priced drop away rests out there to. I love the muzzy, but it is sort of expensive for a rest. You could get a decent prong rest for less than half of what a muzzy costs. And me personally, I wouldn't spend more than $50 on a hunting sight. I have been using the same Archers Choice 3 pin fiber optic sight since 2000. Cost me 30 bucks and works just fine.

Not that you can't get better for sure. I just don't want you to fall into all the hype and think you have to have an expensive high tech drop away rest and and expensive ultra bright 7 pin sights. The honest truth is you don't need to spend that kind of money if you don't have it.

And if someone gave me a WB I would probably re gift it to someone I didn't like. I would rather shoot one of those plastic flipper rests you test bows out with. Just my opinion though.

Paul