Community

Where are all the bowhunters going?

Old 09-01-2013, 06:01 PM
Fork Horn

Question Where are all the bowhunters going?

When I first joined this contest back in 2007, we had over 50 teams. I sat out last year due to a limited amount of time to hunt. Looks like there were 16 teams last year, and right now we're at 12 teams this year. Its still a little early right now for some people to think about hunting season or joining this contest, but I've noticed a steady decline in participants over the years. Are there less bowhunters out there or what? What has happened to all the members that used to frequent these forums?
Old 09-01-2013, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guess I could join in........?
Old 09-02-2013, 05:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well back when I joined this was a happening place. People posting a lot. But after the forum starting having advertizement in every post an it seem more of business than a place to get away an talk an share our favorite pass time. Well it become less enjoyable. Specially when advertizement for products you do not use or support were coming up in your post. There have been a couple other forums come about because of this site. I am just speaking for myself but it does not stop me from visiting from time to time.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:08 AM
Fork Horn

From what I have seen archerytalk.com and bowhunting.com seem to be busy sites. I love this site and wish it had more traffic
Old 09-05-2013, 04:53 AM
Typical Buck

Ya. I've noticed the same thing. I know the thing that irritates me the most about this site is the huge pain in the a** it is to post a pic. Why not make it so u can post pics straight from your phone ? Would be much more user friendly
Old 09-05-2013, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been wondering where everyone went too. I have been on this message board forever. just about every name I remember is gone. nothing is done to improve it, just the addition of more advertisements.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

In response to the OPs original question, I'm sure there are plenty of bowhunters here that aren't taking part in the competition (me being one of them).
Old 09-09-2013, 09:27 AM
Typical Buck

I think many hunters shy away from it. They worry about taking heat for shooting a deer that is not up to standards of other hunters. It takes the enjoyment out of it. Just my opinion of course.