HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - iNDIANA DNR to allow pistols during archery season
Old 03-29-2007, 11:15 AM
Killer_Primate
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: iNDIANA DNR to allow pistols during archery season

ORIGINAL: HCTurkeyHunter

Hello all.

I am from Indiana. Our beloved DNR Director has issued a temporary rule change that will all archery hunter (turkey and deer) to carry pistols with them in the field if the hunter has a valid handgun permit. I am utterly in shock over this rule. I will guarentee that slobs will shoot deer with their pistols if given the chance. I am totally against this decision.

A licensed hundgun owner has the right to carry a gun. However, that same person does not have a right to hunt. Hunting is a privilage. If you want to carry your gun, then carry it. You just can't hunt with a bow if that is your choice.

Any discussion on this??
Dude,
First, pull your undies out of your crack and calm down... breathe....

What is the big deal? As far as I can tell, the average hand gun has about the same distance as a bow, and the guy with the permit is at least so far, a law abiding citizen, or he wouldn't have gotten the permit.

It is his right to carry the gun, but I guess we could what if it to death and say that this same guy could shoot innocent school children with the same gun on the same day. But you're worried that he may kill a deer withthe handguninstead of the bow that he brought tokill it with....?

Could it happen; sure. Will it happen; probably. Often; probably not. Will the world slam into the sun; no.

Anyway, this whole thing is just a trick, that you fell for. This is a temporary measure, so that people don't focus on the .50 cal thing so much, which isn't temporary by the way. How about you go focus on that...