Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2012 Turkey Contests
Team 10  Long Beard Assassins >

Team 10 Long Beard Assassins

Community

Team 10 Long Beard Assassins

Old 04-26-2012, 10:39 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

OK weather looks great for tomorrow morning (4/27). I will be back in the woods, this time in a well known spot for me. Now my real hunt will begin. Fri/Sat/Sun in northern Illinois, then 10 days in central Wisconsin.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:36 PM
Typical Buck

hit em hard zim, ill be babysitting the kids while the wife works the weekend and just dreaming about the turkey creeks. It is nice to be done early but i wish i had just 1 more tag lol. I only have prarie dogs to look forward to now lol.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

I can hardly wait as our youth season opens tomorrow morning and then on Monday it will become the start of my turkey season.. Wish me luck as I will be hunting either in around a blueberry field or along a pipeline/powerline that runs for a total of 83 miles of deep Maine woods and the turkeys love to follow it.. 63 miles of it is divided by dirt road while the rest of it is out threw the jungle.. LOL.. There is access by some side roads but you are not allowed to drive on it where there is no road by any means.. That makes these areas unpressured.. I took a pic of this big pasture to share with you sdhunter.. So here is this giant cow pasture.. Keep in mind we do not have all the open land that a lot of other states have..
Old 04-27-2012, 05:54 PM
Typical Buck

i am a lineman so that picture is awsome lol. I plan on making a trip to ontario to bowhunt bears with my father in the fall of 2013. I have never seen land that is that thick with trees lol. Looks good phil, cant wait to see it for myself. Maybe one of these days i will get some tickets for the comedian bob marley and eat some lobster in maine lol.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

Didn't see any this morning. Had some deer to watch for a good while though. Also I got hailed on 3x. So I'd say it was a good morning. Back at it for a few hours before church tomorrow morning!
-Jake
Old 04-28-2012, 05:00 PM
Fork Horn

Well things went great for me this morning! Got out nice and early and the turkeys were talkitive with the gobblers starting about 5:40am. and they were fired up!! I would call back and they would respond well..so after awhile I thought it sounded as they were heading my direction but the longer I waited I figured they went across the road. So I pack up and leave our property and when I get to the gate here they are 2 toms strutt'n in the middle of the road. I watched them cross then went and set up on the other property I am allowed to hunt(which is right across the road). After about 45min of periodically calling and the waiting game the 2 toms come right to the decoy and I was lucky enough to harvest one at 8:35am.

I will try to post pics later but here are the stats:
-EASTERN-
-Beard--8 1/2 inches
-Weight--20lbs.
-Spurs-R&L--7/8 inch

Last edited by IBHUN10; 04-28-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:50 PM
Typical Buck

congrats IBHUNT10, cant wait to see pics!!!
Old 04-29-2012, 01:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats IBHUNT10 !! Nice turkey at that.. I am hoping to see the pics as well.

Yahoo!! My season starts for me in the morning along with a weeks vacation.. I am hoping the wind will die down as it should be an excellent day for hunting. It is supposedto be around 29 degrees at first light so the birds should be coming out to get some rays. Normally these cold mornings work great up here.. Wish me some luck and good luck to all who is out hunting for them right now..
Old 04-29-2012, 02:52 PM
neb
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by sdhunter11
i am a lineman so that picture is awsome lol. I plan on making a trip to ontario to bowhunt bears with my father in the fall of 2013. I have never seen land that is that thick with trees lol. Looks good phil, cant wait to see it for myself. Maybe one of these days i will get some tickets for the comedian bob marley and eat some lobster in maine lol.
sdhunter11
Do you work for a Rural Electric or PU??? I always have to say hi to a lineman.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:30 PM
Typical Buck

small PU until i get my journeymans anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.