HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2012 Turkey Contests (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2012-turkey-contests-124/)
-   -   Team 8 Tommyknockers (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2012-turkey-contests/359498-team-8-tommyknockers.html)

Arrowmaster 03-01-2012 02:39 PM

Team 8 Tommyknockers

Team 8 check in here :)

1. car
2. turkey harvester
3. Arjuna
4. springspur
5. ek buckmaster
6. wernerjd
7. Iowa Jaybird
8. jmedenf Captain
9. Bowtech9
10.jdb 77
11. dog killer

Arjuna 03-01-2012 04:45 PM

Hey guys! I'm in! who'll b first to connect. I'm taking my son, Gabe, on next weekend for the youth hunt on March 10!

Arjuna 03-01-2012 04:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's a couple entries from the past....

Arjuna 03-01-2012 04:53 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Last year's entry.

springspur 03-01-2012 05:09 PM

checking in

Looking forward to the season, Lots of birds sighted. Hunting central South Carolina. Mostly state land and Shaw AFB bombing range. Already have vacation approved and schedule freed up. I don't want to be team captain and will support whoever steps up. Just really don't want a lame team name.

jmedenf 03-01-2012 05:16 PM

I'm here and ready..... Usually hunt easterns in Ohio.
This year, I will be in Texas hunting rios for the first time.

Wasn't in this before, but here is my bird from last year.
He only had and 8.5" beard and only had three spurs per leg and only weighed in at 23 lbs.

Wonder what I'll get this year....

Iowa Jaybird 03-01-2012 07:57 PM

Checking in from Iowa. Will be opening up in Kansas April 20th and then Iowa season 3 and 4. Only hunting 2 states this year for a possible 4 birds. Taking my wife on her first Turkey hunting trips, so that limits me to two states. Normally I do well with high scoring birds, but this year with the wife it changes around my game plans, but hopefully I can still get it done.

wernerjd 03-01-2012 08:01 PM

Why does it seem like every year it get more and more pumped up? Anyways can't wait to hunt hear in Iowa it will be my first time hunting here sine I graduated in 07. Don't know if I will hunt 2 or 3 season till I check the weather but 4 season I will hit the woods also. I will also be hunting in Nebraska throughout the season.

wernerjd 03-01-2012 08:12 PM

Iowa Jaybird where you hunting this year? I will be in Southern Iowa near Hopeville, and Grand River.

ek_buckmaster 03-01-2012 08:44 PM

ek_buckmaster checking in. I will be hunting WI!!

Iowa Jaybird 03-02-2012 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by wernerjd (Post 3917108)
Iowa Jaybird where you hunting this year? I will be in Southern Iowa near Hopeville, and Grand River.

Southern Iowa almost to the Missouri border, South of Mount Air. Trying to get some leads on other property, but so far it hasn't happened.

turkey harvester 03-02-2012 07:39 AM

Checking in guys, will be hunting those monster gobblers in southern Mo. Season starts april 16th. May take my nephew for the youth season march 31st and april 1st.

springspur 03-02-2012 09:49 AM

flocks busted

Toms have been strutting for the last 4 weeks, It's been a very mild winter here and the flocks have busted up. I saw 9 toms today on the way home, and all were on public land 6 miles from my house. Haven't got my tags yet but should be here soon. My season starts 1 April and I'll start hunting the following Wednesday. Hopefully Cabela's will get my new snake boots here ASAP so I can break them in.

car 03-02-2012 03:32 PM

Hi guys. Checking in from Ohio. Season starts April 23rd. I just started a new job that is going to take me away from devoting very much time into hunting this spring however, I'll be out there every chance I get. Good luck to everyone.

springspur 03-02-2012 06:47 PM

big jake

I've been wondering why the jakes are so big this year and i guess that it's been such a mild winter that they didn't expend much energy keeping warm and they had grasshoppers to eat all winter.

jmedenf 03-03-2012 09:44 AM

We need to get a team captain if anyone is interested. We also need a name. Any suggestions? Bearded Hen Cluckers? Struttin' Cluckers? Wing Bone Collectors? Just thinking......

Still here in Ohio and saw a group of birds, maybe about 18 or so, still flocked up just before the storms came through. Hope the tornadoes didn't take them away.

My season will start in Texas on 31 March in Tom Green county. That's about the time I will be getting down there, which doesn't give me much time for scouting. Plus I have schooling to do while down there, so I am going to be restricted to weekends. Have a guy from an outdoor video company supposed to show me a few good places. Hope it all pans (fans) out and I get another good gobbler trippin' over my number fives.

jmedenf 03-03-2012 10:20 AM

Another name: Cluck Cluck Boom.....

Arjuna 03-03-2012 11:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I don't care about the name...it doesn't win the contest. I just care about THE HUNT! That's what wins! Anyway, I am taking my 10 year old out on Saturday for youth season. Here is a pic of Gabe with his buddy Brenson from about 4 years ago on youth weekend. My boy is the blonde one...

jdb_77 03-03-2012 04:42 PM

I am checking in. Looks like we have a good team of die hard hunters. I will be hunting Rio in Oklahoma. Are season opens April 6. I am good with any name y'all pick. I can't wait to see pics of those thunder chickens y'all get. Good luck everybody.

Arrowmaster 03-03-2012 07:52 PM

Make sure someone is updating who is checking in

Iowa Jaybird 03-04-2012 08:22 AM

We need a team captain to follow thru on the team. I can help with whoever voluteers to do this. I'm Captain on another team, and set up a brand new contest on another Site. However, I can't do this team due to overload in my life right now.

jmedenf 03-05-2012 02:35 PM

Everyone has checked in so far except Bowtech9.

Arjuna 03-05-2012 06:53 PM

What about jmedenf as captain?

wernerjd 03-05-2012 07:17 PM

How about LONG BEARD ASSASSINS for team name.

ek_buckmaster 03-05-2012 10:56 PM

The strut stops here? The final strut? It doesnt matter to me, all i care bout is knocking birds down and winning this competiton!

Bowtech9 03-06-2012 02:47 AM

Bowtech9 checking in, should be hunting PA and CT this year.

Iowa Jaybird 03-06-2012 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by Arjuna (Post 3918443)
What about jmedenf as captain?

If he will do it, fine. This is my third year in this contest, and first year was a disaster, and last year great. All because we had a Captain last year that took the time to keep everyone motivated, and posting. So far, everyone checked in already is a good thing as far as interest. When I join any TEAM I,m in it to the end, and will give it my best. If we all make that commitment, this will be a lot of fun, and we'll be competitive. As the season goes along, everyone keep us advised on how it's going in the field, bad or good. I'll try to be on here as much as I can work in, but I'm in the middle of a major home remodel, I'm getting married on Saint Patty's Day, move my fiancee in, sell a bunch of stuff to get room, sell a house, have my daughters wedding in June, filmed hunt in Kansas I've got to get set, and I'm way too old for all of this at one time:biggrin:

jmedenf 03-06-2012 05:08 AM

This is my first year of doing this and I am getting ready to move to Texas where I'll be doing some military training, so I'm not sure just how much free time I am going to have.

Iowa Jaybird seems to know how things work, but seems to be pretty busy too. How is everyone else's schedule?

Also, whoever takes captain, what are the responsibilities? I am guessing we have to report each person's bird(s) they kill and keep every one else in line.

Iowa Jaybird 03-06-2012 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by jmedenf (Post 3918534)
This is my first year of doing this and I am getting ready to move to Texas where I'll be doing some military training, so I'm not sure just how much free time I am going to have.

Iowa Jaybird seems to know how things work, but seems to be pretty busy too. How is everyone else's schedule?

Also, whoever takes captain, what are the responsibilities? I am guessing we have to report each person's bird(s) they kill and keep every one else in line.

Correct. I would gladly do it if I had anytime at all, but don't.

ek_buckmaster 03-06-2012 08:21 AM

Unfortunately I don't have much time to do it either. Between planning a wedding, full time college student and working 35+ hours a week I'm not quite sure how much time i'll have to keep up with everything.

turkey harvester 03-06-2012 08:37 AM

I hope everyone is better on a computer than I am. Between teaching school, running a 4-H program, and raising my grandaughter I think I'm in the same boat as everyone else. But we do ned a captain, and a team name. Is there anyway the responsibilities could be shared so no one has to do it all? Just asking. I think another team wants long beard assissins.

jmedenf 03-06-2012 09:36 AM

I suppose I can do the captain thing as long as I get a little help. Iowa Jaybird, are you with me on this? In the meantime, here are the names we have so far, minus a few I proposed that I now think are somewhat dumb, and minus long beard assassins, since another team seems to want to take it. Vote on the one you want or give us more options:

Wing Bone Collectors
Cluck Cluck Boom
The strut stops here
The final strut

turkey harvester 03-06-2012 09:39 AM

If we got one person to be the captain I'm sure everyone on the team could help out. Myself I kinda like cluck cluck boom, and the final strut.

Arjuna 03-06-2012 01:07 PM

I like "the final strut" and "cluck cluck boom" as well... first vote for the final strut. Thanks jmedenf for taking the lead! we'll help u...promise!

jmedenf 03-06-2012 01:16 PM

I guess I am captain then. I'll let you guys know if my schedule gets too hectic for me.

I like Cluck Cluck Boom and The Final Strut as well.

We need more votes.

Iowa Jaybird 03-06-2012 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by jmedenf (Post 3918606)
I suppose I can do the captain thing as long as I get a little help. Iowa Jaybird, are you with me on this? In the meantime, here are the names we have so far, minus a few I proposed that I now think are somewhat dumb, and minus long beard assassins, since another team seems to want to take it. Vote on the one you want or give us more options:

Wing Bone Collectors
Cluck Cluck Boom
The strut stops here
The final strut

No problem. If you have any questions, send me a pm. Name really doesn't matter to me. Glad you stepped forward on this. Thanks, Jay

wernerjd 03-06-2012 02:29 PM

I should have some time to help out as well. My current project here in Iowa City is 55 million and were within 4 months from completion. I like the names the final strut and cluck cluck boom.

springspur 03-06-2012 03:19 PM

thanks capt jmendenf

thanks jmendenf for stepping up i work a crazy schedule at work 8 pm till 8 am some times 4 days straight and don't even turn on the computer. this wouldn't be fair to the team. like ''the last strut'' for a name and also ''tommyknockers'' for some reason. whatever name is fine and good luck to all.

Arjuna 03-06-2012 04:42 PM

Lol....tommyknockers is awesome! Thanks jmedenf for ur leadership. We will all help!

Bowtech9 03-07-2012 03:16 AM

Big Time HOOT for our team captian jmendenf! Cluck Cluck Boom works for me. anybody good making a team 8 logo avatar? Not me PC for dumbies. LOL