Community

Team Lucky 7's

Old 04-19-2012, 05:24 PM
neb
Typical Buck

Ok I got one with spurs this time. It was 23 1/2 lbs., 8 inch beard and 3/4 inch spurs and it is a merriiam.

Know I need the captain to replace my first bird with this. I would say this has a better score.

Last edited by neb; 04-19-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:41 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats neb that one should definately score better than your spurless turkey. How many turkeys can you harvest?
Old 04-19-2012, 05:59 PM
neb
Typical Buck

SB
I'm done only 2 tags. I got very lucky this year because I went dry for two years. The last time I got two turkeys in one year was 6 years ago. I left work a little early and thought I would blow it for the morning or I would score tonight. I called in one old hen and she checked it out but wandered right by me. At 5:00 I heard a faint gobble and did a little talking and nothing. I was sitting there and all of a sudden a gobble came came from my back side. I just about fell of the chair in the blind. I looked him over and decided to take him. That can be a hard thing to do because it is all over for another year. I was blessed with two great exciting hunts and much to be thankful for.

SB I wish you the best and hope you get one but the fun for me like you said is the gobbling and the whole experience that goes along with hunting. Good luck and I will checking for your pictures.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by neb
SB
I'm done only 2 tags. I got very lucky this year because I went dry for two years. The last time I got two turkeys in one year was 6 years ago. I left work a little early and thought I would blow it for the morning or I would score tonight. I called in one old hen and she checked it out but wandered right by me. At 5:00 I heard a faint gobble and did a little talking and nothing. I was sitting there and all of a sudden a gobble came came from my back side. I just about fell of the chair in the blind. I looked him over and decided to take him. That can be a hard thing to do because it is all over for another year. I was blessed with two great exciting hunts and much to be thankful for.

SB I wish you the best and hope you get one but the fun for me like you said is the gobbling and the whole experience that goes along with hunting. Good luck and I will checking for your pictures.
Congratulations,
Good Job neb,
You did good.
Your score is 23.5 + 7.5 + 7.5 + 16 = 54.5
Old 04-19-2012, 06:19 PM
Fork Horn

Neb,

congrats on a very nice bird and a second bird at that.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:25 PM
Typical Buck

I am going back to the public hunting grounds to hunt this same bird for the third morning in a row. I got a real good idea where he is roosting, so I am going to sneek in early and set up on him. Hopefully the third time is the charm and the good Lord will bring him my way.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:06 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by swampbuster
I am going back to the public hunting grounds to hunt this same bird for the third morning in a row. I got a real good idea where he is roosting, so I am going to sneek in early and set up on him. Hopefully the third time is the charm and the good Lord will bring him my way.

good luck swamp. i'll be watching for you to post pics tomorrow.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:31 PM
Typical Buck

I went out this morning to where I have heard this one turkey the previous two mornings. It was cloudy and thundering off in the distance, and I didnt hear a single gobble so I didnt hang around very long and decided to head to work to save my time. This storm should pass and clear overnight so I will be headed back out to the woods in the morning. Lord willing He will send a bird my way in the morning.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:38 PM
neb
Typical Buck

Good luck in the morning SB and keep us posted tomorrow!!!!
Old 04-20-2012, 05:06 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks Neb. Does anybodys season start in the morning?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.