Community

Team 2 Sunrise Shooters

Old 04-13-2012, 03:25 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Good luck Zubba!
Hopefully the birds will be moving good for ya after the storm passes Gun.
10 days to go!!! I can almost taste it!! Trail cam has been out since Monday, gonna check it in the morn. REEEEEEAAAAALLLYYY hopin to see somethin on that! If they aren't movin thru there on a regular basis i'm back to square one.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:23 AM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

Well we open up Monday in MO. I am taking off work to hunt so mayber I can get it done. Seems as if alot of the hens are sitting. Hope the gobblers are lonesome and looking for love. I will try to sound slutty on the ole mouth call.lol Good luck!
Old 04-13-2012, 07:29 AM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

This is south of my house about a half mile. I've been hearing him gobble every morning. Thinking this might be a good place to start. Yes he is a double beard and spurs are gonna be in the 1 1/4" range. I have another double beard on camera on a different farm but he is just a 2 yr old.
Attached Thumbnails Team 2 Sunrise Shooters-mail-1-.jpg  
Old 04-13-2012, 12:05 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by DTC
This is south of my house about a half mile. I've been hearing him gobble every morning. Thinking this might be a good place to start. Yes he is a double beard and spurs are gonna be in the 1 1/4" range. I have another double beard on camera on a different farm but he is just a 2 yr old.
Thats a big ol boy too
Old 04-14-2012, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default looking good...

The owner of the property I hunt had a big strutter in his pasture yesterday. By the time I got out there to look at him he was gone. I was beside the fire pit & hit the pushpull call a couple times and did hear some cutting. No return gobbles though. Didn't want to spook them with a call. Besides, our season isn't in till the 25th. I know where they are roosting part of the time and I now know eactly where the hens have their nests. It is on a separate property. It looks like I may have to do some stalking not sure yet. It's pretty grown up back there already, so I may just hide in some brush pile / tree tops, where they logged several years ago. Either way, chances appear good to fill a tag this spring. I told my buddy to quite scaring them turkeys. It could be a good or bad thing being so green already. Good to hide in but it will make it harder to see the turkeys as well as judge range. I'm thinking they will come in close because of this and may be easy to overshoot them. Good luck everyone!
Old 04-14-2012, 03:59 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Checked the trail cam last nite. 77 pics of crows!!!! What a bummer. Gonna try to drag my butt out a bed befor light and listen in the morn. I gotta get a spot locked down pretty quick! runnin out a time.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:50 AM
Fork Horn

Well, I have to go check and see if my hunting spot is even there anymore... we had an F3 here last night
Old 04-15-2012, 06:13 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Wow Gun! Hope everything is ok for you guys down there!
Got out this morn befor light and was met by gobbles on the roost! Same 2 i posted the pic of befor with 4 hens. They are roosted right in the middle of the back woodline of my feild. If they stay put for the next 7 days Me and Dad could have an interesting opening morning.
Good luck to all!
Old 04-16-2012, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hope everything is alright 870.

We rolled in from Nebraska today. 3 guys shot 7 birds. We had good luck. I tagged out with 3 longbeards. On Saturday I doubled up with my shotgun. Then yesterday afternoon I took a nice gobbler with my bow. All the birds were between 20-22 lbs. 9"'ish beards and 3/4-7/8" spurs. Nothing huge, but feels good to have 3 gobblers tagged already this spring. I will post some pics, score, and story as time permits.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:26 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Congrats Zubba!!! Awsome job, way to get us on the board! I hope thats just the beginning for the team! Sounds like you guys had a blast, and one with the bow to boot! Ya got me jealous!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.