HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2012 Turkey Contests (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2012-turkey-contests-124/)
-   -   Team 1 Spurminators Defending 2011 Champs (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2012-turkey-contests/356688-team-1-spurminators-defending-2011-champs.html)

JW 01-06-2012 05:23 PM

Team 1 Spurminators Defending 2011 Champs

Team 1

1. superstrutter * (Team Captain)
2. BIG DONNIE BRASCO
3. RJPOUTDOORS *
4. Hunt4Life23 *
5. pinsapex7
6. Pope/IA
7. RIStrutStopper *
8. Talondale
9. QuacknRacks *
10. scottcw
11. MdManiac

(Bold = Checked In)

* Checked by Arrowmaster

superstrutter 01-07-2012 02:54 PM

Checking in to defend our title. I assume I will be the captain again this year unless someone else absolutely wants it. I will be hunting my home state, Louisiana, and Texas. I know it's early, but everybody check in when you can. Lets take the title again this year.

ckeifer 01-18-2012 05:05 AM

I was wondering where I can sign up and add my count to the team for this spring?

Arrowmaster 01-19-2012 03:51 PM

The sign up is on the Turkey hunting forum

RIStrutStopper 02-27-2012 04:17 PM

I'm ready to kick some butt this spring! I've had some trouble logging in since I changed my email address but it looks like its fixed now.

superstrutter 03-01-2012 08:11 PM

Alright guys, lets all try to check in. Lets be the first team to repeat as champions. My season opens in three weeks. I have at least three longbeards and several jakes running around my place right now. Looks like it may be a good year. I'm also hearing there are a good number of birds this year where I hunt in Texas. Man I am fired up.

QuacksnRacks 03-02-2012 06:35 AM

I'm in guys. Sorry I was no help last year. Got about 1000 acres in Tuscaloosa, Alabama plan on hunting. Went yesterday to scout. I should be good for one good one. Good job to everyone last year let's try to repeat.

Hunt4Life23 03-02-2012 08:01 AM

Hey guys, checking in for the champs! Just drove by one of my turkey hot spots and saw 10+ longbeards and a few jakes. Should be a good year for sure!! Good luck to everyone and lets win this again!

RIStrutStopper 03-04-2012 11:35 AM

What's going on guys? Team thread is a little slow. Anybody seeing any birds?

superstrutter 03-04-2012 01:18 PM

I went out this morning to listen. Heard five different gobblers. I also heard two different people hooting. Looks like I'm going to have a little competition this season from surrounding properties. I filmed three of the gobblers. All were good birds with 9 to 10 inch beards. Everybody needs to check in. It doesn't look good when over half of the defending champs members haven't checked in. Guess I'm going to have to send some messages.

RJPOUTDOORS 03-04-2012 10:26 PM

Hay gang it's that time of year once again. Looking foward to another great year as my son and I are once again getting ready. Best of luck to everyone on the team let kick butt again shalll we.

superstrutter 03-07-2012 06:08 PM

I sent messages to the five no shows. I hope they check in soon. It would be pretty sad to have to get five alternates for the defending champions, but if we have to we will. On a brighter note, I went out to my property this afternoon. Saw three longbeards and about 15 hens. The longbeards could care less about hens right now. They just now started gobbling. Shouldn't be long before the boys show interest in the hens though. It's kind of funny, we are having a very early Spring this year, but the gobblers started gobbling later than usual. Two weeks and it all starts. Man I'm going crazy.

Hunt4Life23 03-08-2012 06:40 AM

Man hopefully we can at least get a few more guys checked in to the team.

I am leaving today for a little vacation to Florida for 10 days so I wont be talking at all in that time period but when I get back I'm sure things will be heated up and ready to go. Season here doesnt start till the end of April so I have plenty of time until that comes around.

RIStrutStopper 03-08-2012 08:39 AM

I think everyone needs to be checked in by the weekend according to the rules. I suppose we may need to ask for alternates if nobody else checks in.

superstrutter 03-10-2012 10:40 AM

Went to my property this morning. The gobblers are strutting for the hens now. There was very little gobbling this morning. I guess when three longbeards have 17 hens with them, they don't need to gobble. These boys are driving me crazy. Hurry up March 24th. Still no word from the no shows. Looks like we may getting some alternates.

RJPOUTDOORS 03-10-2012 11:23 PM

Me and my son went out yesterday at 1st light and had 4 toms gobbling there heads off at our 1st farm. The 2nd farm we did not hear or see a thing, getting pumped.

Arrowmaster 03-13-2012 03:28 PM

Ok Ive added 1 members to your team

scottcw

Arrowmaster 03-13-2012 04:28 PM

Talondale has been added to your team

Arrowmaster 03-13-2012 05:05 PM

BIG DONNIE BRASCO has been added to you team. I also changed your number to Team 1

pinsapex7 03-13-2012 05:33 PM

Hey I got an email that I need to checkin I'm here but I noticed I wasnt on the list. How was everyones deer season? Later team

BIG DONNIE BRASCO 03-13-2012 06:05 PM

Big Donnie Brasco, checkin in!! :)
Scouting lot's of land in preparation for a great hunt! I am planning on taking my wife out for her first hunt this year!

Arrowmaster 03-13-2012 06:32 PM

pinsapex7 is still on the team

Pope94/IA 03-13-2012 06:46 PM

Hey guys, I was told to check in.. Sorry I have been a little inactive recently. Got caught up with school and work. If you guys still want me then id be more than happy to be on the team.

superstrutter 03-13-2012 07:16 PM

Welcome to the team Donnie. We plan on repeating as champs. We have a little problem now. Two of you finally decided to check in, but JW had already placed alternates on the team. I'll just see what he wants to do. I guess the first five or six that check in are on the team. So far that would be Donnie Brasco, pinsapex, and Pope. I actually think we can have more than 10 members, but not positive. I want everyone to post something pretty regularly. I don't want our thread going dead. I realize that some of you won't start hunting for a while, but you could tell us how your scouting is going. I'll probably be finished hunting before some of your seasons even begin, but I will still post quite a bit. Everybody please check in who hasn't already done so. Also, when you get a bird, put the picture and measurements on this thread. I will put them on the score page. If you want me to score your bird, I will. I'm sure most of you already know how. Hope everyone has a successful and safe season.

Arrowmaster 03-13-2012 07:22 PM

Ok I will change it around and will move some members now. Pins and Pope are still on Team 1

RIStrutStopper 03-13-2012 07:40 PM

Better late than never. Glad to see you back and Welcome to the team, Donnie. Is everyone ready to kick some tail feathers?

Pope94/IA 03-13-2012 08:04 PM

Alright guys sorry I haven't been active recently. But it looks like im back on the team! Im ready for another successful year for the team. I have high hopes for laying down a bird with the bow. Also all my hunts will be caught on film with my Iowa Buck Men teammates! Should be a good year.

BIG DONNIE BRASCO 03-14-2012 07:58 AM

I'll post some scouting picts later, crappy phone cam quality but lot's of turkeys moving in East Central KS !!

Talondale 03-15-2012 05:07 AM

Checking in. Hunt in VA. Season starts in April. Got one last year scored 63.25. The birds here probably avg. 55 - 65 points. Not real heavy birds. Most have 8-10" beards and 1" spurs. Can kill up to three a year.

BIG DONNIE BRASCO 03-15-2012 07:37 AM

On my way to dropping my daughter off at camp I watched these birds walk right across someones yard!
http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...15_132330Z.mp4

Talondale 03-15-2012 10:36 AM

Those will do!

QuacksnRacks 03-15-2012 11:26 AM

What's up guys. Today was opening day here but was not able to go. Will be in the woods in the morning. Wish me luck. Welcome to the team fellas.

superstrutter 03-15-2012 06:27 PM

Good luck QnR. Score one for us early. Donnie, looks like you need to get permission to hunt in someones front yard. Nothing better to get you fired up like strutting gobblers. I'll be going to my property this weekend to film and watch. It will be for real next weekend. Welcome to the team Talondale.

RJPOUTDOORS 03-17-2012 07:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My son and I went out today and check some fields for sign. found plenty of sign and seen some birds. However things got a little costly when I turned around in the road and the bank gave way. Tow truck drive laughed.

RIStrutStopper 03-17-2012 07:53 PM

Ouch RJP, That doesn't look like fun. At least you found some sign and saw some birds.

scottcw 03-17-2012 08:04 PM

Hello Team 1. I am checking in. Thanks. Scott

RJPOUTDOORS 03-18-2012 06:01 AM

Great morning, went out before sunup and placed a blind at the edge of a field where we had seen turkeys yesterday. 6:22 am we had 3 toms gobbling and they all flew down into the field. By 8:30 am we had a total of 5 gobblers come in this field and 2 dozen or more hens. Next weekend it's off to check another property we hunt. Good luck to everyone on the team.

Pope94/IA 03-18-2012 06:03 AM

Haha looks like a little fun in the pickup if you ask me.

Me and my dad went out to our cabin friday and saturday and we swear we heard a gobble early in the morning. It got out adrenaline pumping thats for sure. Too bad we still have a month till season.

superstrutter 03-18-2012 08:55 AM

Welcome to the team Scott. We now have a complete 10 man team. We can now start our defense of the title. Sounds like several of us have birds. Looks like it will be a good season. It all starts for me next weekend. This week will probably drag by in slow motion. My birds were gobbling good this morning on roost. After flydown, they were pretty tight lipped. No need to gobble when you have a harem of hens. How is your hunting going QnR?

MDManiac 03-18-2012 07:14 PM

slackin a little here in new york, would like to participate and defend the title!! thanks