Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2012-2013 Gun Deer Contest
The 2012 - 2013 Gun Deer Contest Winners Are >

The 2012 - 2013 Gun Deer Contest Winners Are

The 2012 - 2013 Gun Deer Contest Winners Are

Old 04-05-2013, 03:41 PM
  #11  
Bartender
 
peakrut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 6,634
Default

Judging by some previous comments he made about letting the courts handle a violation it doesn't surprise me.
Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
Very interesting! Why would someone cheat on this type of a contest? I hope it isn't because they routinely violate the games laws and happened to get noticed this time!!!
peakrut is offline  
Old 04-05-2013, 05:07 PM
  #12  
Giant Nontypical
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Allegan, MI
Posts: 8,019
Default

Okay, I've taken some time this afternoon to look over the threads and here is my opinion as a person who wasn't in the contest and could care less who won. First off, the picture of the rifle with the doe he shot (post#57 in team 11 thread) appears to be the same gun used to shoot the buck in question during what was a primitive weapons only season the last weekend he said he'd be able to hunt. He was strangely silent as soon as questions came up about the gun used and the use of hunter orange, although he answered the question quickly about a tag not showing on the buck by saying Mississippi doesn't use tags. As far as the orange requirement, the law doesn't require it if you are hunting within a blind, so who knows if that was the case or not and it could never be proved he violated the law on that. Whomever MS is that's looking into this for the group can take it from here.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 04-05-2013 at 05:11 PM.
Topgun 3006 is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 06:55 PM
  #13  
Super Moderator
 
Bocajnala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Trumbull County, Ohio
Posts: 9,483
Default

Would like to hear sime reply from the OP and input from that team if anyone knows anything.
-jake
Bocajnala is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 07:36 PM
  #14  
Super Moderator
Thread Starter
 
jrbsr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Seagrove N.C. USA
Posts: 7,281
Default

I can't see that jermelott did anything wrong.
So could we just drop this?

Thank You.

jrbsr
jrbsr is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 08:29 PM
  #15  
Giant Nontypical
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Allegan, MI
Posts: 8,019
Default

Why would anyone condone dropping what is obviously a game law violation? I blew up both pictures the guy posted of his doe and buck and there is no doubt that it's the same centerfire rifle with the same sling and elastic cartridge holder on the stock that he used to take both. The buck was killed during a ML season only that ended up winning a contest with no prizes, but IMHO he should be ticketed for it. Doesn't anyone find it rather strange that he hasn't been back on this website since the questions came up?
Topgun 3006 is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 10:55 PM
  #16  
Bartender
 
peakrut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 6,634
Default

You're kidding me right? Did you take more then 2 minutes to check into this? I have been a member of this site since 1998 and I have not seen anything like this. I suggest you take some time and check more into this and see what we are talking about. Unless some buddy system thing is going on here. I say as per the rules we have the captains vote on this after I prove my case. He indeed did use a rifle during the primitive season in Mississippi as stated by topgun 3006 and he isn't even in the contest. As stated I could care less about the contest as it is more about ethics. Damn I wish Todd Graf still owned this site then we would have some competent admins.
Is Christine still an admin over here?
Originally Posted by jrbsr
I can't see that jermelott did anything wrong.
So could we just drop this?

Thank You.

jrbsr

Last edited by peakrut; 04-08-2013 at 11:46 PM.
peakrut is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 06:17 AM
  #17  
Super Moderator
Thread Starter
 
jrbsr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Seagrove N.C. USA
Posts: 7,281
Default

Originally Posted by peakrut
You're kidding me right? Did you take more then 2 minutes to check into this? I have been a member of this site since 1998 and I have not seen anything like this. I suggest you take some time and check more into this and see what we are talking about. Unless some buddy system thing is going on here. I say as per the rules we have the captains vote on this after I prove my case. He indeed did use a rifle during the primitive season in Mississippi as stated by topgun 3006 and he isn't even in the contest. As stated I could care less about the contest as it is more about ethics. Damn I wish Todd Graf still owned this site then we would have some competent admins.
Is Christine still an admin over here?
I have been checking into this, more than a couple minutes.
So table the insults, O.K.
jrbsr is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 07:01 AM
  #18  
Fork Horn
 
jermelott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Denham Springs, La.
Posts: 356
Default

WOW guys!! Sorry I have been gone from this site since hunting season was over until I got an email from jrbsr. I didnt realize I was being bashed and wasnt here to defend myself. I dont care if you disqualify me, or say it doesnt count or whatever. But please know that I didnt do anything that was against the law.
Peakrut, what the hell are you talking about my previous cooments about letting the courts handle a vilolation and that doesnt surprise you?????????????????? I have been to court once in my entire life and it was for forgetting to take my 209 primer out of my muzzleloader before I got back to my 4 wheeler! It was dismissed and I was told to please remember next time. Thats it!! No speeding tickets, no robberies, murders nothing!! Its hard to beleive that I am having to defend myself about I deer that I killed legally on a hunting site with fellow hunters.


I shot this buck with a 45/70 just before dark. The next day I brought my daughter hunting (FYI she can use whatever weapon she wants in the state of Mississippi). After our morning hunt, me and my little girl went and recovered my deer from the night before (she was very excited). We loaded the deer and headed back to the camp with it. Thats where the picture was taken. The state of Mississippi doesnt make you wear your hunters orange when you are at your hunting camp. My daughter took a picture of me with my phone with my buck and the gun she was using that day. My 45/70 was back at the house. Never did I think someone would question was that the EXACT gun that was used the evening before. Out of all 70 or so deer killed, I didnt see anyone that asked "are you sure that was the gun used to shoot the deer". The bottom line. I hunted the deer, I shot the deer (with a legal gun), the next day i recovered the deer with my daughter (wearing hunters orange, Both of us) and I took a picture with the deer once I recovered it with the weapon that we had on us.
None of this makes me a bad person, so please dont have that image of me. My passion is my family, my savior, and deer hunting, and i wouldnt do anything to jeapordize any of those.
jermelott is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 10:34 AM
  #19  
Giant Nontypical
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Allegan, MI
Posts: 8,019
Default

Hmmmm, is right! The "primitive weapons season only" opened on 1/18 in Mississippi and he originally stated that the deer was shot on 1/19 (a Saturday). Now the story is that the buck was shot with a 45/70 that isn't the gun in the picture because it's the gun the daughter was using, but it's definitely also the rifle that was in the picture with the doe taken on 12/24/12. Doesn't the fact that earlier he said it was killed on 1/19 and now he says it was killed with a 45/70 mean that he violated the primitive weapons only season law? Am I missing something here with this whole story? It's really funny he was so interested in winning this contest, but after questions were asked about the gun he never answered them and was off the website from 3/25 (I checked his profile yesterday and that was the last date he accessed the site) until today. It seems more than a little odd that no matter what the situation that he didn't have even one minute to access the site since then to see if his team had won the contest. IMHO this whole explanation doesn't make any sense and even if the gun in the buck picture was not used to kill the buck he says today that it was killed with a 45/70 that is certainly a centerfire rifle that is not legal anywhere I know of in a ML only season when he says the deer was shot. I rest my case Your Honor! PS: The way I read the contest rules is that the gun used to take the animal is to be in the picture with the person. Does that not also disqualify the animal from the contest and move the second place team into first, as well as being a game law violation on his part? I also noticed the picture of the buck wasn't even posted until 10:24AM on 1/28/13, ten days after the supposed day he said it was killed. Why the time lapse for a contest like that where everyone, including him, was so interested in who was leading? I haven't looked up the closing date for the ML season, but I now really wonder when this buck was actually killed.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 04-09-2013 at 10:55 AM.
Topgun 3006 is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 11:02 AM
  #20  
Bartender
 
peakrut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 6,634
Default

You have checked into this site a couple times since hunting season as I have been monitoring your profile which has been showing your last sign in. I'm not bashing I am simply calling you out and I stand by it.
I've said what I needed and I have left it up to the Admins of this site and the Mississippi DNR. I hope I am wrong but my gut tells me different.
(I was going to ask you to post a pic with said gun but that's useless)
Originally Posted by jermelott
WOW guys!! Sorry I have been gone from this site since hunting season was over until I got an email from jrbsr. I didnt realize I was being bashed and wasnt here to defend myself. I dont care if you disqualify me, or say it doesnt count or whatever. But please know that I didnt do anything that was against the law.
Peakrut, what the hell are you talking about my previous cooments about letting the courts handle a vilolation and that doesnt surprise you?????????????????? I have been to court once in my entire life and it was for forgetting to take my 209 primer out of my muzzleloader before I got back to my 4 wheeler! It was dismissed and I was told to please remember next time. Thats it!! No speeding tickets, no robberies, murders nothing!! Its hard to beleive that I am having to defend myself about I deer that I killed legally on a hunting site with fellow hunters.


I shot this buck with a 45/70 just before dark. The next day I brought my daughter hunting (FYI she can use whatever weapon she wants in the state of Mississippi). After our morning hunt, me and my little girl went and recovered my deer from the night before (she was very excited). We loaded the deer and headed back to the camp with it. Thats where the picture was taken. The state of Mississippi doesnt make you wear your hunters orange when you are at your hunting camp. My daughter took a picture of me with my phone with my buck and the gun she was using that day. My 45/70 was back at the house. Never did I think someone would question was that the EXACT gun that was used the evening before. Out of all 70 or so deer killed, I didnt see anyone that asked "are you sure that was the gun used to shoot the deer". The bottom line. I hunted the deer, I shot the deer (with a legal gun), the next day i recovered the deer with my daughter (wearing hunters orange, Both of us) and I took a picture with the deer once I recovered it with the weapon that we had on us.
None of this makes me a bad person, so please dont have that image of me. My passion is my family, my savior, and deer hunting, and i wouldnt do anything to jeapordize any of those.

Last edited by peakrut; 04-09-2013 at 11:17 AM.
peakrut is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.