Buck Busters
22.22%
Dominant Bucks
22.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Team 9 Red Mist Brothers

Old 11-03-2012, 07:04 AM
Typical Buck

Where are you at in Indiana Arrowmaster? It wasn't raining up my way today, but I stayed home with the family. Will be going out tomorrow morning though.

On another note, I requested two alternates since we have two that have failed to check in
Old 11-05-2012, 12:52 PM
Banned

so how is everyone doing?
Old 11-05-2012, 01:20 PM
Typical Buck

I'm good. Have another 2 weeks before gun season starts here. I'm off the first three days of it. As long as the corn comes off soon I'll be good.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome your new team members,

Team 9

36. Arrowmaster - Indiana
Alt - Adirondack AL - upstate NY
9. Wnyhunter - western new york, Orleans co, cattaragus co.
27. elmoughler- Indiana
19. Boogeyman24 - MT/WI
101. cmoutos - MO
52. Backwoods13 – Ohio
Alt - NEB.Buckhunter - NE
23. snapper1982 – ohio
07. superglide -central In
Old 11-05-2012, 02:05 PM
Typical Buck

Message sent to our new members welcoming them to the team and asking them to check in.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome elmoughler I live in west central Indiana just north of Terre Haute. I live in Clinton in vermillion county.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:47 PM
Spike

Smile Checking in and intro

Hi, my name is AL I live and hunt in upstate NY. I joined the forum last week and am honored to be part of a team already.
I live in the Lake George area and hunt public land most of the time. I usually hunt solo or with my fiance Annie.
I have two DMP'S for this season, a buck tag and a muzzle loader tag. I never really got into bowhunting. I also like icefishing and spring turkey hunting.
I have been hunting for over 30 yrs, I don't shoot alot of big bucks but I do manage to get some meat in the freezer every season.
Not quite sure how this works as an alternate, but looking forward to helping our team if I can.
Goodluck and Happy Hunting, AL

Regular season open now until dec. 9th
Late Muzzleloading season dec 10th thru the 18th

My arsenal:
Rem model 788 .243
Win model 94 30-30
T/C Hawkens .54 cal
Ithacca model 37 20 ga.
Mossberg 12 ga. pump
Old 11-06-2012, 03:04 AM
Typical Buck

As an alternate you are the same as a normal team member. Welcome to the team!!

Arrowmaster I live and hunt mostly DeKalb Co which is just north of Ft Wayne in the NE corner
Old 11-06-2012, 03:58 AM
Spike

Welcome guys and goodluck this season. My season starts on Saturday I will be going after a buck before a doe so we will see how it goes.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:57 AM
Fork Horn

Welcome to the team!

So I got back from MT last Wednesday and have been trying to catch up since. Unfortunately didn't pull the trigger, but saw a lot of good bucks but they were either a. on the wrong side of the fence, or b. not quite what I was looking for.

Friday 10/26 we arrived in the morning, and got a tour of the (mostly private) land we were hunting. Not exaggerating, we saw over 500 whitetails/mulies from the car. Amazing that they would just be in the open, bedded in fields or 10 yards from the road. Saw a few bucks, but had to be more than 95% does and fawns. Serious overpopulation.

Saturday was first day of hunting. Morning was uneventful, so we moved to a small pocket of public land and I spotted a good 4x4 that was maybe 100 yards into private property. He had bedded down before moving on, but good to see one. Saturday afternoon we jumped a "hater" (hate to shoot, hate to let him go) that neither of us shot at, but was good to be able to jump him then cut him off to get a shot opportunity.

Sunday was most uneventful day, were on a different property that wasn't quite as good country and didn't see many deer.

Monday saw a nice 5x5, was coming towards me but a rancher was driving a 4-wheeler around and scared him over the hill. Luckily it went right towards my dad and another guy who were able to get him. I'll try to get pictures uploaded later. Later that afternoon spotted what may have been the buck we passed Saturday and got a good look at him. Really hard to decide, the half of his rack we saw first was shaped more like a whitetail's and small, the other half had 5 good points (without a brow tine) so probably should have shot him. We peered over a huge ledge and he was bedded down below us, but above a huge drop-off/cliff so that weighed into the decision as well, and he eventually spotted us and ran away.

Tuesday hunted half a day, had a really tall 2x2 bedded down 240 yards away but passed. Moved to the public land again and saw a different really nice 4x4, but again across the fence in private land. He was checking out some does and moved over 1000 yards away, I actually started to rattle and he stopped dead and was staring right at us. Pretty cool to see they can head and pinpoint noise from that far away, but he eventually followed the does away from us further.

Gun season starts in WI 11/17. This past weekend had family bowhunting the farm and lots of good bucks sighted, and a cousin missed what he thought was a 150 class buck. Gun season is earlier than normal so hopefully will be able to catch a buck on the tail end of the rut looking for or chasing a doe.

Good luck to everyone who is out/heading out this weekend!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.