Community

Team 1 check in

Old 11-12-2012, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good shooting you guys, I got out on SAturday, but with the wind howling the deer weren't moving. Headed out on Thursday for a 4 day hunt, Might be the last chance with bow...
Old 11-12-2012, 02:43 PM
Fork Horn

Saw nothing tonight...............I am convinced this property does not hold any resident large bucks. Other than the chocolate rack buck I have not seen anything over a fork size. The farmer stop me tonight and told me I need to put some deer down, holding out for a big buck is not keeping his crops from being torn up((((. The need to put down a good size buck for the competition may have to take a back seat to the need for me to make sure the Farmer is happy.

I need to make sure I keep him happy and secure my hunting privileges for future years, this is the only private property I have to hunt and I do not want to mess with public hunting around here................if it is brown it is down.

Dave

Last edited by SouthernMDArcherer; 11-13-2012 at 01:36 AM.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:37 PM
Fork Horn

Hang in there Dave you'll cross paths with one eventually. Bucks are out chasing everyway in Ohio. Saw another buck tonight but he took 45 mins to cross the corn field and it was pitch black by the time he got to me. That makes 19 bucks i've seen this year. On the way back to the house a nice buck crossed the road in front of me with his nose to the ground.

On scoring my deer... do I make the last 2 circumference measurements after the last point?
Old 11-13-2012, 03:49 PM
Typical Buck

Brent
Yes, H3 and H4 would be the same, made half-way btw the last point and the tip.

-fsh
Old 11-14-2012, 05:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

nice job guys.. way to get it done!

KY was a bust... pathetic... 21 hunters in camp... One 130 class buck shot... One 120 class... one 90 inch buck and a basket 6 point!
I saw one deer in 40+ hours... 3 point on second morning... ugh... wtf

got in at 3am this morning... checkin cams later on
Old 11-15-2012, 10:08 AM
Fork Horn

Shot what I thought was a doe yesterday morning... ended up being a button buck. Guess it was 2 fawns that walked past my stand... he was twice as big as the one behind him so I figured it was a doe lol. Made a perfect shot ran 50 yards and fell over. Also saw buck number 20 on the year. He came across the field and did a couple circles around my buck before winding me. Just a small one tho I'm sure i'll see a nice one soon. Headed out tonight.

Old 11-15-2012, 11:27 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Western MA Hunter
nice job guys.. way to get it done!

KY was a bust... pathetic... 21 hunters in camp... One 130 class buck shot... One 120 class... one 90 inch buck and a basket 6 point!
I saw one deer in 40+ hours... 3 point on second morning... ugh... wtf

got in at 3am this morning... checkin cams later on
Where were you hunting at in Kentucky?
Old 11-16-2012, 04:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Garrison KY... Eastern... Not far from WV line... hunted with DA Outfitters.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:05 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Western MA Hunter
Garrison KY... Eastern... Not far from WV line... hunted with DA Outfitters.
Ok thanks. Hate you had a bad time
Old 11-16-2012, 08:10 AM
Fork Horn

Went out this morning, still nothing but small bucks. Afork buck came in off my left at first light then a spike buck came from same direction about 10 minutes later...................then a "herd" of turkey walked 5 feet in front of me. I counted 22 turkey.......that was cool to see.

Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.