Community

Team #13 The WIDOWMAKERS

Old 09-29-2012, 06:35 AM
Typical Buck

I watched 12 deer come out to feed 2 evenings ago on our winter rye that we planted 2 weeks ago. It's already 3" tall. Mostly does and a few smaller 1 year old bucks. 1 was a tall rack 8. They were in the field 20 minutes before dark
Old 09-29-2012, 02:02 PM
Fork Horn

Y'all make me sick with your "ugh it's Gunna be in the 70's today" lol. I am looking at the ten day forecast and got excited when I seen one day that was staying in the 70's! I was pumped to see the temps dipping down into the upper 50's, to bad ill be working and by next weekend it's back in the 80's. Couldn't make myself get out in the pouring rain today to go check cameras, I will go check tomorrow. Good luck to everyone hunting. Keep us posted.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jermelott
Y'all make me sick with your "ugh it's Gunna be in the 70's today" lol. I am looking at the ten day forecast and got excited when I seen one day that was staying in the 70's! I was pumped to see the temps dipping down into the upper 50's, to bad ill be working and by next weekend it's back in the 80's. Couldn't make myself get out in the pouring rain today to go check cameras, I will go check tomorrow. Good luck to everyone hunting. Keep us posted.
Yeah I suppose we do make you sick, but here in Wisconsin lately we have had some cooler temps so the deer, like us, got kind of used to that and now they don't want to move until it gets cooler, so that means after dark. Didn't see anything in stand or crossing the trail or road on the way home tonight.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:58 AM
Typical Buck

I had a good opening day. Saw lot's of deer during my morning hunt and laid the smack down on a nice sized doe. Went back that evening with my son and sat in a blind for less than 40 mins and shot a pretty small doe. It was his first ever hunt and he really wanted to see me shoot something, normally i would have let that small doe pass. He is pumped and wants to go out again today.
Attached Thumbnails Team #13 The WIDOWMAKERS-doe1.jpg   Team #13 The WIDOWMAKERS-doe2.jpg  

Last edited by dstubb; 09-30-2012 at 05:06 AM.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:46 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by dstubb
I had a good opening day. Saw lot's of deer during my morning hunt and laid the smack down on a nice sized doe. Went back that evening with my son and sat in a blind for less than 40 mins and shot a pretty small doe. It was his first ever hunt and he really wanted to see me shoot something, normally i would have let that small doe pass. He is pumped and wants to go out again today.
That's awesome bud!!! Did u shoot that with your bow? Because we would get points if you did, (if you have a picture with your bow and the deer and you)!
Old 09-30-2012, 07:22 AM
Typical Buck

That's awesome bud!!! Did u shoot that with your bow? Because we would get points if you did, (if you have a picture with your bow and the deer and you)!
I wasn't aware till now that you can count a doe. I did shoot it with my bow but i do not have a pic of me with it.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:08 AM
Fork Horn

Dang! Hopefully you can shoot another one and get a picture with it. Would suck to lose out on your doe points because of the picture, but happens every year!

EVERYONE PLEASE GET A PICTURE WITH YOU DEER (WHOLE DEER) (BUCK AND OR DOE), YOURSELF, AND YOUR BOW. TEAMS LOSE OUT ON POINTS EVERY YEAR BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE ALL THREE IN THE PIC.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:25 AM
Typical Buck

Dang! Hopefully you can shoot another one and get a picture with it. Would suck to lose out on your doe points because of the picture, but happens every year!

EVERYONE PLEASE GET A PICTURE WITH YOU DEER (WHOLE DEER) (BUCK AND OR DOE), YOURSELF, AND YOUR BOW. TEAMS LOSE OUT ON POINTS EVERY YEAR BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE ALL THREE IN THE PIC.
I'll pop another one this weekend
Old 10-01-2012, 12:01 PM
Fork Horn

Opening day for Iowa, finally yipppeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yahoooooooooooooo!!!!!
Hopefully can get the plugs and oil changed in the wife's car tomorrow morning quick enough, and without any problems so I can go out in the afternoon/evening.

Don
Old 10-02-2012, 02:19 AM
Typical Buck

I hunted last evening. Saw 0 deer. Just missed a coyote 2 hours ago

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.