Community
View Poll Results: Doe harvests accepted?
yes
85.71%
no
14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Team Pass Thru - #7

Old 10-29-2012, 12:26 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Mottz
Sweet Jason!! If you are happy with your harvest then we are happy for ya! Got a story behind your success?
I have mixed emotions...I'm happy to seal the deal but wish it was something bigger. I held out for bigger last year and ended up eating my tag! I hunt areas that get a lot of pressure and 2 of the 3 "bruisers" have already been shot. There is a 13 pt that only shows up on trail cam at night. No one has seen him mid day.
So not wanting to come up empty, I decided to take what the Good Lord gives me. I am seeing a lot of buck movement this week. The rut is definatly kicking in.

I set up at my Uncle's farm Friday morning. I took a vacation day to hunt before the wind and rain that the hurricane brought us. I had used the bleat n heat can once and gave 3-4 tending grunts when about 7 am a spike came along the fence-line. The fence was north of me and we had a hard south wind. As soon as that spike got down wind, he did an about face and took off.
Not ten minutes later this buck came from behind me about 50 yards to the east. He hit the fence and stopped for a minute. I was praying he would turn west (towards me) and he did. I would have liked to get him by me a little to get a 1/4 away shot but I was afraid of getting winded again. So when he was directly broadside I punched the trigger of my release and let him have a montec behind his shoulder. He jumped the string and I hit him high. He dropped in his tracks and pulled himself around on his front legs until he finally expired. I managed to clip the top of his lungs to seal the deal.

Last edited by Outdoorcountry; 10-29-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:16 PM
Typical Buck

Great looking buck Jason! Congrats on being the first on our team to tag out. I do believe that only one other has enter both a buck & a doe in the contest. Whats the tag limit on bucks & does there in NY? I sure hope youre not done for the season. Again, congrat!
Old 10-29-2012, 02:10 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats on the buck Jason. We are in first place and this is just going to increase it.
I still haven't seen any bucks on stand here in PA. The hurricane is putting a halt on hunting for a few days here. I'm hoping to get back out to Ohio this weekend but it depends on whether or not we have electricity at the house. The wife kind of frowns on me leaving her at home without power.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:21 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by dmax4me
Congrats on the buck Jason. We are in first place and this is just going to increase it.
I still haven't seen any bucks on stand here in PA. The hurricane is putting a halt on hunting for a few days here. I'm hoping to get back out to Ohio this weekend but it depends on whether or not we have electricity at the house. The wife kind of frowns on me leaving her at home without power.
it'll be dark whether youre there or not. She'll be fine, just tell her to buck up. lol j/k, but yall be safe.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:48 PM
Typical Buck

congrats on the buck jason!!!!!!

yeah, i sure am glad i am not the lineman in hurricane country. Salt water and live powerlines dont mix lol. Those guys need a big pay raise after this is over with.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a good looking buck Jason! You should be proud!!
Old 10-29-2012, 04:55 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks fellas! They hand out doe tags like candy in Ny and I have another buck tag for gun season so we are good to go for some more time in the stand!
Old 10-29-2012, 05:46 PM
Typical Buck

Here's my second doe of 2012, taken Sunday 10/28.

Old 10-29-2012, 06:12 PM
Typical Buck

Jason, what did your buck score? Lets get him entered so the rest of the teams know we're serious about winning this thing. Way to go bud!
Old 10-29-2012, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

That looks like a good sized doe. With excellent arrow placement also!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.