Community

Team #8 check in thread

Old 11-07-2011, 01:00 PM
Spike

Good luck henson, I didn't go hunting today but on Saturday evening I saw 3 does and the same 6 point buck again, I almost shot but it was getting dark and I'm pretty sure there are bigger deer around.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm leaving tomorrow for South Dakota. Hopefully I can catch up with a nice buck out there. Good luck guys, we need a buck to break the seal!!
Old 11-07-2011, 04:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well guys, I lost my first buck ever with a Ml'er yesterday. I am just sick. I shot him at 7:00 in the morning, and gave him about a half hour before I started to track him. I ended up bumping him out of a bed after about 150 yards. The only time I had blood, was the first 25 yaards, and his bed. I shot him again when he was standing in his bed just looking at me, he was only about 20 yards away then, but I so much stuff to shoot thru, I dont think I even hit him on the second shot. He was bedded right on the bank of a river, and after the second shot, he ran off along the river. I sat down on a downed tree to catch my barings, and about 5 minutes later, I heard 1 shot across hte river. I figured I would give him some time, (if that wasnt him that got shot on the other side) so I drove over to the landowners place on the other side to see if someone over there shot one with holes in. All I wanted was to see if I should keep looking, or if it was a waste of time. He told me that there wasent anyone hunting over there that morning. Well, someone had to be over there, I heard the shot. Anyways, I went back to look some more, and never found another drop of blood, and never did find him. He's not huge, but he would have been my biggest one with the Ml'er. Here he is, this pic was taken just before I shot him. This camera is about 50 yards behind the blind I was sitting in.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:12 AM
Spike

That sucks I hate that feeling. I have lost 2 deer over the years one with gun and one with bow. However don't get down on yourself you did what you could and sometimes you just never find them. Sounds like someone else got him anyway. Keep on hunting brother......we start this saturday. I am hunting saturday morning until mid afternoon and then sunday mid day until evening. Good luck everyone.......
Old 11-09-2011, 04:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well, day 5 of our 9 day season was a bust. Sat for 6.5 hours total today, and didnt see a deer! Back at it in the morning.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:33 AM
Spike

Well I was hoping to have some good news.....opening morning had one of the big 10 pt on our property come by at 200yrds but he was hot on doe and did not stick around then a small 6 then nothing at all. Went out Sunday night 1 small doe then right at sunset a nice 8pt walked in got within 30yrds but was in high grasses and could not get shot, he then headed to the east qtring away finally at 100yrds hit a clearing and I grunted he did not stop grunted again kept going finally I yelled at him and stopped. I was still guessing 100 yrds shot and nothing, adjusted up about 6" shot again and he jumped and circled then stopped then he ran for about 20 yrds and stopped but I could not see him anymore. Then I made my second mistake, only waited about 10 mins got down as it was getting real dark walked over to where I thought he was and sure enough he was there. He snorted and took off running with tail up. I found some blood where he was standing but could not find anymore. Decided to come back in the morning. Looked for a couple hours this morning, only found a little blood about 15-20 yrds in the direction he ran and nothing else, search about 100 acres with no more blood or anything.

I went back and shot the yardage it was actually 125 yrds I shoot 300grain 44 mags so my adjustment was not enough and I am sure I hit him real low. The way he snorted an ran tells me I did not get lungs and probably no vitals. I feel real bad but hope it was graze and not a fatal wound. Hopefully I will see him again he was nice 130" 8pt and would have been great deer for my season. Anyway I will keep at em and keep you all posted, hopefully with better results.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I connected in South Dakota. It was a cool hunt in that we spotted him a mile off and made a stalk. He was coo-coo for cocoa puffs and was trailing a doe. We got within 200 yards of the doe and could not see the buck. We belly crawled a bit further and the buck appeared at a little over 100 yards. I had my bi-pod ready and shot from one knee and dropped him right there. I did not see his beam was broken off when I shot him. Turns out there were not too many points that weren't chipped or broken. He was a scrapper. It was a lot of fun!! I will get him scored up and listed. My season in PA opens in a couple weeks.

Old 11-15-2011, 05:26 PM
Spike

That's awesome! First buck for team 8!
Old 11-16-2011, 05:14 AM
Spike

Congrats he's a cool deer for sure all the chips and broken tines give him character! Good job on a great buck! I have been giving my property some time off since I was all over it the other day searching. Will probably hunt tonight behind my work we have about 40 acres back there with a couple of decent bucks.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:18 AM
Fork Horn

Great buck! Ny season opens on Saturday. You can bet ill be out all weekend, I had an opportunity to shoot the big 8 during bow season buy hit a limb and didn't connect. My father also had a couple opportunities at him but couldn't get a shot off. 1 more bowhunt for me tomorrow and then its all rifle. Here is a picture of that buck...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.