Community

Contest Rules Poll

Old 08-18-2011, 03:00 AM
Super Moderator

Default Contest Rules Poll

Should contestants be allowed to submit pictures without the deer, and hunter, and gun in the pictures?
With just the deer?

I tried this poll before, and every one voted for Deer, Gun, and hunter.
But it was after the contest had started, after a few pictures without, the hunter, and gun were posted.
What do you think?

Last edited by jrbsr; 08-18-2011 at 03:11 AM.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

the old way is fine, its fair, and this way i wont have ta buy a cam that has the date in it 8>D
it is hard fer solo hunters to get a pic of themselves with the deer and weapon, but it is what it is.
video's werk too...if you are solo, you can run video of yerself, the weapon and the deer, same as a pic imo.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:28 AM
Typical Buck

personally, I think the deer and hunter should be good. Mine was not counted last year because of no gun, thats fine. But there was alot that I seen counted that was just the deer. I just think, whatever rules there are, stick with them all the way.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

are you suggesting that you got picked on?
just because you see a pic of a guy and a deer, doesnt mean thats the official pic.
certainly no one willingly counted a deer that wasnt legal...johny law wise or by the rules of the contest.
if you believe a deer was counted, i'd like to just see one plz, bring it to someones attention.
i was online lookin at my bank stuff, and noticed a check from another person made out to themselves...1 number off on the account..had i not brought it to the banks attention, it may have never been fixed.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:08 PM
Fork Horn

i like the way its been ran so far, i dont see a need to change the rules now
Old 08-20-2011, 05:19 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by WNYhunter
personally, I think the deer and hunter should be good. Mine was not counted last year because of no gun, thats fine. But there was alot that I seen counted that was just the deer. I just think, whatever rules there are, stick with them all the way.
You are right, I went through the pictures.
And found one that should have not beed counted.
But thats the only one I could see.
You gotta remember that I am human, and make mistakes.
Thats why I put the issue to a vote.
Here are the results so far.
The hunter, deer, and gun in the picture seem to be the one most wanted.
Setting up, and running a contest like this is not as easy as it looks, there are a lot of hours of time taken, working on it,
and mistakes happen.

Old 08-20-2011, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
it is hard fer solo hunters to get a pic of themselves with the deer and weapon,
Just about every camera today has a self timer, so it's very simple to take solo pics. Just about every picture I take of my hunt is when I am by myself. I say just keep the contest the same.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Isn't hunter, deer, and firearm the same category as the old way (hunter,deer, and firearm)?
Old 08-20-2011, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by superstrutter
Isn't hunter, deer, and firearm the same category as the old way (hunter,deer, and firearm)?
It is the way it has allways been.
I just wanted to hear what everyones opinion is.
It looks like most every one wants to keep the deer, hunter, and gun in the contest picture.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:40 PM
Super Moderator

Deer hunter and gun sounds like the way to go.
I will back up what Jr says about it not being easy to run the contest. lol I did the turkey contest until I finally got someone to take my place Whew!! LOL I passed it along to 2, and now I see they have 3 to run it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.