Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team - BUCK U - Thread (team 3) >

Official Team - BUCK U - Thread (team 3)

Official Team - BUCK U - Thread (team 3)

Old 09-25-2011, 04:33 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats on a big fat doe. I was tweeking out 10 stands this weekend. Standing corn as far as the eye can see. IL opens next week.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:04 AM
Fork Horn

Been sitting and seeing lots of does. Saw a nice buck Thursday night. Im hwaded back out this week. Nice doe kill.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:41 AM
Fork Horn

Jimmy, congrats on the nice doe. Looks like a nice mature one. Yeah, hopefully that is a good sign for the season.
Sounds as if it should be a busy weekend for a lot of us. Good luck. Time to start rolling in the points.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:49 AM
Fork Horn

Hey Yote,
I think that camera is a Canon HF100. For someone like me it does just about all I need. Biggest complaint is 1), Manual focus is a pain, and 2), not all that great in low light conditions, like 15 min after sunset.
Too bad you moved from the Lees Summit area. It's nice here, but PA is an awesome place too. Especially in the Fall.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default Swing and a Miss :(

Hey Guys- Made it out on Saturday night... The Mulie I was after snuck out and around me to the field without an opportunity. While in the process of packing up my things, A Nice whitetail came into the field at 43 yards. Long story short, he ducked the string and I sent a rage 2 inches over his back. Lumenock looked like it was going to drop right in there but he had other plans 4 year old 155" or so. Beautiful buck but I guess it wasn't meant to be. Off for a few weeks and then back at it again.
I'll see if I can't load a pic or video of the Mulie I'm after....
Old 09-26-2011, 06:30 PM
Fork Horn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDE_ok5bTkE

Short video of one of the Mulies I'm after.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mj469
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDE_ok5bTkE

Short video of one of the Mulies I'm after.

i think e1 is after him lol
Old 09-30-2011, 01:39 AM
Fork Horn

jimmy congrats on the doe!! i'm still waiting only 15 more days.good luck to everyone
Old 09-30-2011, 09:52 AM
Fork Horn

Have only been able to get out 3 days because of the rain/humidity and heat. First morning out Saw 2 bucks, 2nd hunt had a little buck bed down 33 yards from me. A 3 point with no brows. This past tuesday I was out again after work and had 7 turkeys come by but that was it. Headed out tonight after work. Tomorrow in the morning I am headed for Sika Deer. They are the smallest member of th elk family and live in the swamps over here on the Eastern Shore of MD. Neat animals and pretty small. a 6 pt is considered a trophy. I'll probably hunt for whitetails in the pm. It is finally supposed to be cooler tomorrow with the temps in the high 50's low 60's.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:05 PM
Fork Horn

So guys, any luck this weekend? Hey Wacker, any stories from you latest hunt?
SO,,,, I don't know how many are doing this contest for the first year. I think this is my 4th year in the contest. I was on the winning Bone Mafia team a couple of years ago. It's always fun to see the scores come in on the official scorecard. If this is your first year, PLEASE understand the requirement of the photo. It MUST include the whole deer AND you AND your bow. So when you decide to harvest a buck take a few moments and take several pictures afterwards. Take your close ups and take a few that show the entire deer. If you have any questions please PM me. The pictures do not have to be taken out in the field. There is already a guy on another team that for one reason or another didn't include his bow. I'm sure it's disappointing for him but it simply doesn't comply with the rules of the contest. Hopefully, no one else will have to be disqualified.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.