Community

Official Team 9 Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 04:42 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Looking forward to the weekend hunt, still sick as a dog, but a well!! Got pretty high hopes for my morning spot and will hunt the cornfeild in the p.m., which now all gone. Kinda wondering if its gonna be any good or not, they did'nt pick it they chopped it, for silage. They took every last stalk down and there isn't much of anything left, a stray cob here and there but thats it!! Any of you guys hunted a feild like this??? Will the deer get into it still?? Good luck to all getting out this weekend! Think the first descent thing that crosses my path this weekend is gettin stuck!!
Old 10-07-2011, 05:52 PM
Fork Horn

I think as long as there is some corn on the ground they will be there J. I know a lot of times they're out in the field as they're picking by us, and immediately after. good luck nailing one!

got a good feeling about the morning hunt... it's going to be hot this weekend but we'll see what happens.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:19 PM
Typical Buck

I'm still at the ocean on vacation, I'll be back in town next week and in the woods next Sat. Go get'em guys!!!!
Old 10-08-2011, 05:42 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Boogeyman24
I think as long as there is some corn on the ground they will be there J. I know a lot of times they're out in the field as they're picking by us, and immediately after. good luck nailing one!

got a good feeling about the morning hunt... it's going to be hot this weekend but we'll see what happens.

hunted it tonite, and yeah your right they were. Had 5 does walk within 15 yrds of my popup......except i was sitting in my OTHER popup!!!! just my luck!!! Ready to get some meat in the freezer and hate to wait too much longer to whack a doe cause once the rut gets close dont like to poke at the does cause ya never know whats just behind em.

Wow!! Never been in shorts and bare feet in mid day and went deerhuntin in the evening!!! But they were moving just befor dark, think i seen 15 all together.. all does but good to see deer where i want em!! Gonna sit in that other blind tomorrow eve, ( prob watch deer in the spot i sat tonite the whole time but oh well). So we shall see!! Just ready for blood on my hands one way or another!!!!
Old 10-09-2011, 05:17 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Well due to the wind decided to stay with the same blind tonite, went out a little later cause of the hot weather, didn't think they'd move till late. Deer were already at the other blind on my way out! Little befor dark had a spiker get about 5 yrds and wind me, 20 min later had another come right up behind me and spook, and on my way out jumped yet another!!! Gave em a good education tonite i guess. Found a good spot walkin in for a tree stand... got to quit screwin around with these popups and get back in the tree i guess. Doubt i'll be able to get out during the week again, so next weekend is gonna have to be the one! I say that enough and i'm bound to be right sooner or later!!!

My bro in law got a good one yesterday in the U.P. his best ever, gives me hope at least, wasn't real huge but dressed out at 205, pretty cool lookin buck i think. here's a pic of it with my boy

Go get em guys!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-09-2011, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congratz to your brother-in-law!

I shot a doe tonight while taking my sister out hunting and my rages clogged up instantly with meat/hair and my blades didn't deploy so my arrow only got one lung. We looked every where for her but could not find her. Not a good start to the season.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:31 AM
j76
Typical Buck

That's a bummer Pope! Always a crap feeilng when ya loose one! But don't let it get ya down too much, get back after em!! Never been a big fan of the mechanical broadheads. I only shoot about 60 lbs and with the 3 blade Muzzy's i've yet to have one stick in the deer, even hitting shoulder blades they always go thru.
Good luck to ya!
Old 10-10-2011, 04:03 AM
Fork Horn

hey guyz, just checkin in from nebraska, been doin scouting and that is all. The corn is coming out and my time to shine is coming up. I will hit the stand sites in about 15 more days. We will hope for the best and will let everyone know what the cameras have been showing later.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:44 PM
Typical Buck

Ok guys I'm back in town and I can't wait to get in the woods this weekend.

That's a very nice buck, congrats to your brother in law!!!

Hang in there Andrew the season has just begun.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:28 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Good luck this weekend Kreagerm, Whack a good one!!!!

Well, not sure if i'll make it out at all this weekend now, Have to head downstate in the a.m. Just got word my Mom had a stroke, not sure yet how serious it is but not good no matter what. She was going to come up here for a visit on Thursday to see her Grankids but thats not happenin so i'd better get them down there so she can she them. If i happen to get back in time to make it out, you guys will hear about it.

Good luck to all!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.