Community

GR8 VIII's Official Team Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Heading out in the morning and then I have all day Wednesday off work to hunt. Got some nice daytime pics on trail cams when I went scouting my crops situation this morning. Hopefully something will payoff.

Old 11-05-2011, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Those last 2 are about 10 yards from my stand and tomorrow there will be a decoy in use. Crossing my fingers!! I would've been there yesterday but the will was wrong. I never would've seen those 2 with it the way it was.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:03 PM
Typical Buck

awesome pics!
Old 11-05-2011, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator

Those are some nice looking deer Mottz!! Hope ya at least get a look at em in person. I might get one day out next weekend if everything pans out.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Agree with ya kelly. I would be a little happier if I get to see one of them walking around instead of only seeing them on camera. But I still want to get my hands around those antlers!
Old 11-06-2011, 01:40 AM
Typical Buck

Nice bucks Mottz - good luck especially with the decoy! I have yet to break out my decoys, having had both good and bad experiences with them...

-fsh
Old 11-06-2011, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Didn't see much of anything today. So couldn't tell if the decoy worked or not. So I moved it to another stand and tucked it away in an evergreen tree so that its there when I go hunt Wednesday. Have a good storm system coming in Monday night through Tues. And then back to more of a nice day for Wed. Hoping for the best.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

i rifle hunted w/ my daughter all weekend. didn't see a thing! 2 of my friend’s kids shot their first deer on my property though. that was pretty cool. one of them was on the news w/ their first deer, she got a kick out of that.

i'll be bow hunting wisconsin one day this weekend and might be rifle hunting w/ my daughter again one day. we'll see. it's funny how fast the season winds down for me. i've only got a couple more days of bow hunting in me. might have to settle on that fork horn in Wisconsin that walks by me every time I hunt. Still have Wisconsin rifle season though.

i have a camera over a scrape and have gotten tons and tons of pictures of nice bucks - all in the middle of the night. the only one that visited during the day is the 7 point my friend's daughter shot on saturday. ugh. All the racks are beaten up too. all these bucks are spending their nights beating up on each other. It’s killing me!
Old 11-07-2011, 06:14 PM
Typical Buck

I've spent a lot of time in the saddle this past week, with occasional does and dinks around. This afternoon, I watched a shooter buck (11 pt?) scrape and rub out of range. I grunted to no effect, and then tried a snort-wheeze, again no joy. All you can do is try. I found a nice tree that overlooks the trail that he and later, two other bucks, took into a marsh; I'll be there tomorrow afternoon...

Good luck all.

-fsh

Last edited by fshafly2; 11-07-2011 at 06:23 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds promising fsh! Best of luck to ya!

Rack, sorry to hear you and your daughter didn't see anything but it still must of been awesome seeing 2 others get their 1st bucks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.